dashcamateur

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 322GW
I'm planning a road trip that will pass through New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, and Philadelphia in the USA, and Ontario and Quebec in Canada.
This will be in a rental car.

For this trip, I hope to use:
  • NextBase 322GW (I already own one)
  • NextBase suction cup mount (to avoid using adhesive tape on the hire car)
  • NextBase cigarette lighter 12V adapter, or a third-party OBD-II port adapter (to avoid needing to use a fuse tap on the hire car)
  • NextBase Rear-View Cam (the telephoto one that plugs into the side of the 322GW, to avoid needing to run wires to the rear window).
lighter

To me, this seems a good set-up for a rental car, because of not needing a wire to the rear window, not needing an adhesive mount, and not needing a fuse tap. Plus, I already have the 322GW. (And because of all those positive points, I'm willing to tolerate the 322GW's unimpressive parking mode.)

BUT here's the catch. Because of the Rear-View Cam needing a clear view out of the rear window, the 322GW will need to be mounted approximately top-centre of the windshield. My concern is: is this legal (or at least tolerated) in all the jurisdictions through which I will be travelling?

Last edited:
Back