Easter Egg???

QuozL

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Viofo A229 Pro
So I was out with the wife drivng around today and some muppet did something stupid in front of us and out of habit (being Australian excuse the language) I said "****ing Idiot: in a loud voice.

Well blow me down with a feather if the camera didn't respond with the Locking video voice spiel. Thinking it was just a fluke or it misheard me I waited a few minutes and tried the phrase again and sure enough as soon as I said "****ing Idiot" it captured the video again.

One more try just to make sure and sure enough saying the phrase again it captured the video.

Would be interested for anyone else to give it a try and no I'm not trying to get you to swear in your car and look like an idiot.

I will have to video it on my phone and post it if it doesnt work for anyone else.

:ROFLMAO::LOL::)(y)

So I was out with the wife drivng around today and some muppet did something stupid in front of us and out of habit (being Australian excuse the language) I said "****ing Idiot: in a loud voice.

Well blow me down with a feather if the camera didn't respond with the Locking video voice spiel. Thinking it was just a fluke or it misheard me I waited a few minutes and tried the phrase again and sure enough as soon as I said "****ing Idiot" it captured the video again.

One more try just to make sure and sure enough saying the phrase again it captured the video.

Would be interested for anyone else to give it a try and no I'm not trying to get you to swear in your car and look like an idiot.

I will have to video it on my phone and post it if it doesnt work for anyone else.

:ROFLMAO::LOL::)(y)
Haha what a ripper mate! I'm here in Perth and I'll try that along with "****ing C**t" and see if it locks the video too!

Well the voice thing is a bit wonky, well at least in the Vantrue N5 in my car, i can talk complete gibberish and some times that trigger it to take a photo or start a event recording.
Other times dead quiet in the car will do the same though.

"F" word my cameras do hear, but not sure if i have paired it with idiots, though i can not see why as there are plenty of those on the Danish streets every time i take a drive.

Love it, best Easter Egg ever. If they keep this for new cameras they release going forward they'll have a customer for life!!!!! Thanks so much for testing it for us!!!

LOL. Who is going to test out with all swear words they know? In foreign languages too.

I might go and try a few out later, Arsehole, Dickhead, ****womble (if it picks up that it'll be amazing), Pikey, Chav, maybe Bogan too :D

I wonder if "Bloody Hell!" will be considered swearing? I know I got in trouble at school when I was young for saying that because I was frustrated at something. Mum got called into the school about it. She wasn't impressed, but knew I'd picked it up from my grandfather (Her dad), so he got the blame in the end :D

"Stupid Bi----" and "Stupid Bast---" need testing as well.

Love it, best Easter Egg ever. If they keep this for new cameras they release going forward they'll have a customer for life!!!!! Thanks so much for testing it for us!!!
And Viofo don't even advertise that their cameras have AI - that has to count as one of the most useful Artificial Intelligence features in any dashcam :unsure:

Last edited:

Attachments

• IMG_20231202_052516.jpg
    IMG_20231202_052516.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 9
I might go and try a few out later, Arsehole, Dickhead, ****womble (if it picks up that it'll be amazing), Pikey, Chav, maybe Bogan too :D

I wonder if "Bloody Hell!" will be considered swearing? I know I got in trouble at school when I was young for saying that because I was frustrated at something. Mum got called into the school about it. She wasn't impressed, but knew I'd picked it up from my grandfather (Her dad), so he got the blame in the end :D
Well so far it’s not responded to my most foul utterances, fcuking cnuting thing :LOL:

Mine doesn't always work, maybe like 1 out of 10 times while "lock the video" works every time :cry:
Should i submit a ticket? :ROFLMAO:

Back