Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Norway
Dash Cam
Currently none
Last edited by a moderator:
HPF said:
Roads were somewhat bumpy so I could check the video stabilization. Quality seems very good to me.

if you had stabilization on try turning it off, you should get a sharper picture, if the camera is mounted solidly you don't need stabilization anyway as it will move the same as the car does anyway

jokiin said:
if you had stabilization on try turning it off, you should get a sharper picture, if the camera is mounted solidly you don't need stabilization anyway as it will move the same as the car does anyway
There's no option for turning it off. Manufacturer said stabilizer is part of firmware and can't be disabled. The cheap cameras with MJPG codec all had shaky videos.

Video is pretty sharp I think, better than I expected. Haven't compered it to FineVu etc though.

HPF said:
jokiin said:
There's no option for turning it off. Manufacturer said stabilizer is part of firmware and can't be disabled.

not sure what their thinking is there

Last edited by a moderator:
Image quality is very good from the EHD65, but the G-Sensor is far too sensitive. No matter the setting, the slightest bump tags the video as read only and moves to the next video.

This creates heaps of small 30 second'ish files that fill the card and stop it from recording any more.

Turning the G Sensor function off solves the problem, but then you won't have any auto saved files in the event of an accident. Not so good if you are unconscious. :(

Back