Emergency video not captured in 70mai dashcam pro

darkkid85

Reaction score
Country
India
My wife had a minor fender bender today, but my concern is the emergency video was not captured in the "Event" folder.
i thought the G sensor when it detects a collision, captures a quick 1 min video as well.

Am i missing some setting? I am having an 70 mai dash cam pro running 1.1 Firmware version!

Accident video can be viewed on youtube!

Sound like you dont have G-sensor on in the settings.
In my mind you should not have that as if you do bumps in roads will just trigger events too, so you are better off just having a plenty large memory card and retrieve it if something happen.
64GB memory card should be the absolute minimum size memory card, this will still hold a good deal of hours driving.

I use the manual event button for things in traffic i want to save, even if it is a long lasting event the press of the button making a event file will act as a beacon, and more footage from before and after i can find in among the regular recordings.
I am using 128GB memory cards myself, with my modest amount of driving that will hold weeks of footage.

@kamkar
Thanks for the advice mate!
What exactly do u mean by below?

"I use the manual event button for things in traffic i want to save, even if it is a long lasting event the press of the button making a event file will act as a beacon, and more footage from before and after i can find"

The way cameras handle events ( created one way or the other ) are very different, most seen to use a little memory buffer in the camera, so you get a few seconds from before and then some seconds after.
In that case if people use the manual event button, you have to act very fast if you want the actual event to be in the locked event file.

I much prefer the cameras that deal in video segments instead.
So in my case i have always used 3 minute video segment size in dashcams, so with a system that use that approach if i am 1 minute into the current event being recorded and a event is triggered, the previous segment ( 3 minutes ) and the current segment ( 1 minute before actual event + 2 minutes after ) will be saved, so instead of seconds i have 4 minutes before event and 2 minutes after being locked.
And so i do not have to rush pushing the event button, and the chance of me locking away the actual event are high.

I do not use G - sensor at all, for things i see in traffic, or if i had a event ( where i do not get knocked unconscious ) i press the event button on the camera.
And as i have a adequate big memory card, even if i get knocked out, and it is one hour before people find me passed out in my car, due to the large memory card and people / rescuer's as the first order of things is to turn off my car, the recording of the event would still be there even if a event file was not created by the G- sensor or a press of the event button.

Actually i could be in the car with the camera recording for 10 hours after the event and the recording of the event would still be there as i have room for over 20 hours of recordings

What i mean is have a sufficient large memory card, and you do not have to lock the actual event to still be able to save it.
In mu case i could have a event today driving to visit my old mother, and wait 2 weeks retrieving it from my memory card as it will still be there as i have room for so much driving, and then it is more a case of me remembering to do it.

But of course if i had a event i would not wait so long, i would at once take the memory card out, and if my car was still working and legal to drive after the event i would put in one of the spare memory cards i have in the car.

Last edited:
70 mai dash cam has voice activated saving mode too. However, I have found that it may not always work. I think my voice is too soft. My wife often tells me that I am whispering.:(

Not relevant to the query asked, but it does work well!
I use turn on screen, record video etc often and it does the job

In fact one of the reasons for buying this camera is to make use of the voice commands that it encompasses man!

G-sensor - I disabled it. Even at the lowest sensitivity, sometimes saves files on bumps in the road or when braking sharply. I put myself a good memory card with a large volume and I do not have any problems, I drive myself quietly and that's all. There will be a need to see a file - you can open it through an application on your phone via wi-fi, or take out a memory card and see and find the file on your computer and copy it. On the contrary, I really like this recorder, very convenient mounting, no extra wires, and nothing unnecessary hangs. And most of all, I like that for a very modest price this recorder has a very useful, in my opinion, a feature like voice commands. If I'm driving and I need to save some event - just give the recorder a voice command, I often do so, and never had a problem with it, everything works.

G-sensor - I disabled it. Even at the lowest sensitivity, sometimes saves files on bumps in the road or when braking sharply. I put myself a good memory card with a large volume and I do not have any problems, I drive myself quietly and that's all. There will be a need to see a file - you can open it through an application on your phone via wi-fi, or take out a memory card and see and find the file on your computer and copy it, there are detailed instructions at writemypaper4me https://writemypapers4me.net/. On the contrary, I really like this recorder, very convenient mounting, no extra wires, and nothing unnecessary hangs. And most of all, I like that for a very modest price this recorder has a very useful, in my opinion, a feature like voice commands. If I'm driving and I need to save some event - just give the recorder a voice command, I often do so, and never had a problem with it, everything works.
The only thing I changed was to buy an extra mount on AliExpress. Unfortunately, the regular mount does not provide rotation of the camera to the left or right, but the additional mount has all these functions and it is much more convenient.

Back