Everything is broken???

Keith111

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have had my cameras for about 2 months now and everything was working fine until last week when i got the "please check the sd card" error. I thought it was just full (its 64gig.) but then trying to reformat and clear it was almost impossible. I finally got it completely erased and formated but the camera still said there was problems so i just resorted to getting a new one because i wasted hours on it already. After i got the new sd card it seemed to work, i formatted it and there were no errors but now the back camera doesn't record at all, as well as the most useful thing, the wifi!! The wifi is not working at all. I have restarted the wifi and camera numerous times but nothing. The wifi light pops up but there is no listing under wifi for it. Ive tried on 4 different devices and nothing pops up (yes i was in range, like 3 ft from it) so now im stuck with crap. The front one seems to be recording, but not only is the back one not working, my wifi isn't either so i cant even pull the cameras up to check.

The same problem with Wi-Fi and recording. Why???
The cam is only 3 days old!!!

Hi Keith

The SD card shouldn't get full, as the files are overwritten. Is the light on, in your back camera? If not, check the coax pin and plug in your front camera (you'll need a magnifying glass).

Hi Keith

The SD card shouldn't get full, as the files are overwritten. Is the light on, in your back camera? If not, check the coax pin and plug in your front camera (you'll need a magnifying glass).
The sd card was most likely destroyed from the temperature, being it gets over 100 degrees where i live so i got a temperature safe one. And the back camera was not working because as you said the coax pin was broken. Must have happend when i was taking the thing apart so many times. Ill order a new cord but the wifi still is not working. It still shows up on the camera but no where under avaliable wifi.

Keith

I had a similar problem with the coax pin. Please check your front camera plug, as my pin was bent and had destroyed the coax camera plug. The new coax cables come with a straight pin for the rear camera. I've left about 6" slack cable at the front camera end so that I can remove the camera from it's mount, complete with the cable. Fortunately I can still hide the excess cable in my rear view mirror mounting.

I've used a white marker pen to draw a line on the camera mounting and the camera. If you ever need to remove your SD card in the future, rotate the camera in the mount until you reach the SD card slot, then you'll not need to remove the cable.

Sorry I can't help with the wifi.

Regards

John

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P DR650GW (1CH or 2CH) 2
P DR650GW (1CH or 2CH) 0
Back