Everything OK with my 0803's?

Tonyc997

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

New member and new dashcam owner. Been reading up a lot and searching, a lot of knowledge here :)

Can someone please look at my video and tell me if the video is in line with what you would expect?

http://www.filedropper.com/amba0008 - excuse the music :D

I just installed the 0803 front and rear.

I look at other peoples videos and they all look so much......clearer and less pixelated.

I also have some questions:

1.) I am charging these directly to the unit, not to the mount. This is due to the location of the mounts and cabling difficulty. Any down side to this?

2.) What would be the settings to have the camera record any motion even when the car is off? Or is this not possible / recommended?

3.) I bought two units....one has different volume levels. One seems to be on max volume when I turn it on and the other normal volume. How do I reduce unit volume upon turn on? This a concern?

4.) Is there a decent free dashcam viewer software package out there?

Resolution = 2304x1296 30p 16:9
Quality = s.fine
AE Meter mode = Center
WDR = On
LDWS detect = Off
LDWS Calibration
Flicker = Auto
White Balance = Auto
EV = 0
Recycle = 5 mins
Motion Detect =off
Time Setup
Auto power off = 5 min
Power off screen = 1 min
Date/time
Driver number
Gsensor sensitive =3G
G-sensor calibration = no
GPS =on
Velocity unit =mph
Default setting
Format
Software version = FW20140510 V1.0

Thanks for the reply, how does the vid look to you? Anything to worry about or standard?

Haven't seen it yet, no point viewing it on a 4" screen, will look later when I'm at a computer

Is there a way to turn off the startup sound when the unit gets power?

One of them is so loud it's actually scaring the hell out of my passengers and i've removed it from the car......I just can't find a way in the menu unless i'm being really dense

Is there a way to turn off the startup sound when the unit gets power?

One of them is so loud it's actually scaring the hell out of my passengers and i've removed it from the car......I just can't find a way in the menu unless i'm being really dense

The option to control beep volume came and went in the mini 0801 depending on the firmware. If there is enough room I'm sure this feature can be re-introduced. Enough people need to ask for it though. I don't like beeps either. I prefer the set it and forget silent approach.

Someone on this site has modified the 20140510 v1.0 firmware and removed the startup sounds, cant remember where the post is so you will have to search.

Back