exFAT and Class 10 in G1WX?

Fisher_White

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey all- just wondering if there are any firmware updates or "hacks" that can allow for the support of 64gb or larger SD cards in the G1WX series of cameras (I will be using the G1W-HC) without errors and/or the card dying shortly after, as well as for the use of Class 10 SD cards. I'm not sure what the newest firmware version is, but if there were any updates made after then that have added these features I would love to hear about them and for someone to explain where to download it.

Thanks!

A good 64GB Class 10 card will work, but you must first format it to FAT32 from it's default EXFAT. Windows bloatware will not allow you to do that, so I use the SD Formatter freeware. Format in cam after that and you're good to go. IIRC somebody did try a 128GB card with success but I might be wrong. Those critters are still too expensive for me.

Have a look at this thread: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/micro-sd-cards-thread.10814/#post-138400

Phil

Thanks again SawMaster.

Now I'm wondering if I should get one unit (to see if I even like it enough to get another one) or two. Wish I weren't so indecisive!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Module 79L G1WX 4
D G1WX 24
Back