Exposure

Latsko

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does this camera not adjust the exposure level automatically? I'd be surprised if I had to adjust the exposure by hand every time before I start driving.
If I set it on +1 or +2 it's ok for day but way too dark for night. Am I missing something here?

Tony lovelock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 422gw/Nextbase 212G & möbius C3 wide angle lens
I usually have my 422gw set to standard 0 seems to be OK, if not then see if the polarised filter helps...?

M8TJT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
2x750 2CH
How much sky you have in the pic can affect exposure. Only include about 1/3 sky with default 0 and see if that helps.

NextBase Support

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase
Does this camera not adjust the exposure level automatically? I'd be surprised if I had to adjust the exposure by hand every time before I start driving.
If I set it on +1 or +2 it's ok for day but way too dark for night. Am I missing something here?
Hi Latsko,

The Dash Cam should automatically adjust the exposure depending on the available light levels. If you set your Exposure to the default 0 and update the FIrmware to R18.6 (improved IQ), but still have issues, please contact our Support Team at support@nextbase.com.

Kind regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Rickn55

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 622 4k + rwc, 522, 322, 612 4K and 312 x2
update the FIrmware to R18.6 (improved IQ), but still have issues, please contact our Support Team at support@nextbase.com.

Kind regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Just updated my 322 after seeing this post. Didn't know there had been another firmware update since I updated it a few weeks back. Love the new app it works flawlessly for updating/viewing files. So much easier. Is there anything else that is featured in the new update?
1e8ad648d3abd481ec8c780b536a7c97.jpg
81f01909bf34c413d4cca3e821ac52cf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

NextBase Support

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase
Hey. They improvements in Firmware 18.6 are:
  • EXIF data
  • Alexa improvements
  • Alexa messages changed to :
    • If Alexa is disconnected and not setup then : "Please go to MyNextbase Connect to and navigate to Alexa to setup"
    • If Alexa is Disconnected but setup: " Please go to MyNextbase Connect to connect your phone to your dashcam"
    • If Alexa is connected but not setup "Please go to MyNextbase Connect to setup Alexa"
  • Data USB Cable with Dash Cam improvements
  • Protected files within the playback menu improvements
  • Improvements regarding looping protected files with recording history.
Regards,
Millie- Nextbase