Exposure

Latsko

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does this camera not adjust the exposure level automatically? I'd be surprised if I had to adjust the exposure by hand every time before I start driving.
If I set it on +1 or +2 it's ok for day but way too dark for night. Am I missing something here?

I usually have my 422gw set to standard 0 seems to be OK, if not then see if the polarised filter helps...?

How much sky you have in the pic can affect exposure. Only include about 1/3 sky with default 0 and see if that helps.

Does this camera not adjust the exposure level automatically? I'd be surprised if I had to adjust the exposure by hand every time before I start driving.
If I set it on +1 or +2 it's ok for day but way too dark for night. Am I missing something here?
Hi Latsko,

The Dash Cam should automatically adjust the exposure depending on the available light levels. If you set your Exposure to the default 0 and update the FIrmware to R18.6 (improved IQ), but still have issues, please contact our Support Team at support@nextbase.com.

Kind regards,
Millie- Nextbase

update the FIrmware to R18.6 (improved IQ), but still have issues, please contact our Support Team at support@nextbase.com.

Kind regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Just updated my 322 after seeing this post. Didn't know there had been another firmware update since I updated it a few weeks back. Love the new app it works flawlessly for updating/viewing files. So much easier. Is there anything else that is featured in the new update?
1e8ad648d3abd481ec8c780b536a7c97.jpg
81f01909bf34c413d4cca3e821ac52cf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hey. They improvements in Firmware 18.6 are:
  • EXIF data
  • Alexa improvements
  • Alexa messages changed to :
    • If Alexa is disconnected and not setup then : "Please go to MyNextbase Connect to and navigate to Alexa to setup"
    • If Alexa is Disconnected but setup: " Please go to MyNextbase Connect to connect your phone to your dashcam"
    • If Alexa is connected but not setup "Please go to MyNextbase Connect to setup Alexa"
  • Data USB Cable with Dash Cam improvements
  • Protected files within the playback menu improvements
  • Improvements regarding looping protected files with recording history.
Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Back