Extension cable

Crashthings

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi guys, new to dash cams. I just bought the BlackVue, I'm putting it on a Wrangler, I would like to use and extension cable for the rear camera, about 3 to 4 feet long. I want to run the extension cable from the rear camera to where my other cables for the hardtop go and have disconnects, then from there the regular cable to the front camera.

Does anyone make them? Links would be great. Thanks

Anyone know what the name of the connectors are?

Have you had a look on Ebay, can't say I've seen an extension cable for the second camera

Instead of extention cable, I suggest considering loose 12v sockets with the provided cable. Place the cam where you desire, run provided cable to convenient location with loose plug and extend power wire and ground back to source. Muliple devices can be powered from same source. Takes one more item out of potential problems.

I am looking for the coax cable that runs from the front camera to the rear. I am sure it carries power, but it also carries the video signal to the front camera to put on the SD card.

You can purchase the coax cable from the Blackvue shop

I am looking for an extension cable, 3 feet (1 meter).

Thanks Jokiin, that is what it is. I couldn't find 3', so I bought 3 of these and it works.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00CTK3NL2
I have a Jeep Wrangler with a removable hardtop. I’m thinking about buying a Blackvue with front and rear cameras. My concern was if I use the standard long cable to connect the rear camera and tuck the cable along the interior trim, when I want to remove the hardtop the problem will be the cable runs from the interior up to the rear window on the hardtop and I would be unable to disconnect the camera without a lot or work. I read your post and wondered if these extension cables could be used so I could create a disconnecting point right at the base of the hardtop. That brings me to two questions for you:

1) did these extension cables work well without distorting the video?

2) is this why you bought them (because you had the same issue with a removable hardtop)?

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dhavie DR650GW (1CH or 2CH) 2
W DR650GW (1CH or 2CH) 3
Back