Extremely unpleasant experience with GearBest

The after sale service is often a nightmare indeed. Amazon can also reserve some bad surprises. We recently bought two electric brushes and they arrived but were equipped with US plugs, while we ordered from France... After a 10 day discussion with the worst google translated messages ever they recognized their mistake but the return to China cost 26€ and they told us they would only refund us once the product arrived and asked us to find a cheaper transporter while we only have a post office in my 20000 people town... I contacted amazon support which never answered me so I gave up and took the Chinese seller's offer of 6€ refund plus the sending of two universal plugs...
(Sorry if my order wasn't a dashcam)

Sorry I did not make myself clear when I said buying from Amazon may be less troublesome... I should have added if you buy the things that Amazon sells (not a third party seller), or something that Amazon Fulfills ( meanings manages: they do the shipping/returns for the sellers, usually at no cost ( I don't know if Amazon France has the same rules/policies there).
Usually Amazon follow up if there are problems with anything bought through them... but I guess it is perhaps different in France with overseas sellers..

Sorry I did not make myself clear when I said buying from Amazon may be less troublesome... I should have added if you buy the things that Amazon sells (not a third party seller), or something that Amazon Fulfills ( meanings manages: they do the shipping/returns for the sellers, usually at no cost ( I don't know if Amazon France has the same rules/policies there).
Usually Amazon follow up if there are problems with anything bought through them... but I guess it is perhaps different in France with overseas sellers..

You're right, it should be different in France or at least for people with a normal account because they offer much more things with their premium accounts.

Back