F500LHD movie recording orientation?

wisniak

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hi received my new F500LHD, purchased from the recommended ebay seller.

I used the camera for the 1st time in the movie recording mode, seems pretty good quality in daytime.

I used the provided windshield bracket and the camera was "face down", ie with the lens in the bottom.
Upon returning home I checked the video and was that it's upside down.
Is there some way to set this up in the camera, or do I have to remember having the lens on top?

Further, I see that all the movie files are 1 minute long. How can I change this? (to have larger/longer movies).

Thank you.

wisniak said:
Is there some way to set this up in the camera, or do I have to remember having the lens on top?
Look for VIDEO FLIP in the video menu. Changing this works a little different from other menu items (at least on my firmware): after you select VIDEO FLIP: YES, you need to press the cursor joystick to have it take effect.

wisniak said:
Further, I see that all the movie files are 1 minute long. How can I change this? (to have larger/longer movies).
This is the poorly-named RECYCLE setting in the video menu.

Just above the "recycle" I have "duration", which can be set from "no" to 45 minutes. Seems this would be the correct option?
Recycle has "no" to 15 minutes.

And what can I do now to flip the existing videos?

Thank you.

Hi,

You want duration set to no, and recycle set to 5mins (or more if you prefer)

Optimal settings>>

:cool:

Sorry but I still don't understand.

If I set it to 1 minute, then all clips shall be 1 minute long?
Sounds strange.
I want the clips to be very long (duration) and the cutoff period (recycle) between them to be say 1-2 secs (this would equate to ~30-60 frames, imperceptible to the eye).

What am I missing here?

Personally I prefer 1 minute clips. This minimizes any gaps between files since the camera needs to delete an old file and create a new file. The smaller the file, the smaller the gap. Also most incidents happen in less than 1 minute so most of the time you just need that 1 clip or at most, you need to join 2 clips.

I intend to use the dashcam while flying, to record the flight.
After each flight I copy the files from the card so I don't expect to have to recycle.
Maybe I just need to turn the recycle to OFF, so the early moments of the flight don't get erased.

תכבה את האפשרות של הקליפים וזה יצלם לך רצוף עד שיגמר הזיכרון.
לי זה צילם סרטון של שעה+ ברצף אז תבטל את האפשרות של כל כמה דקות סרטון חדש.

Today I used the camera in a 1 hour flight, using the settings you guys recommended.
Movie quality is very good (daytime conditions).
The holder turns out to be very good as well - I attached it to the top (inside) of the canopy, the picture was steady even though the air was turbulent at times.
The 1 hour flight resulted in dozens of 1 minute clips.

Saar, thanks. Do you mean to turn the recycle option to "no" (as well as having the duration set to "no")?

wisniak said:
Today I used the camera in a 1 hour flight, using the settings you guys recommended.
Movie quality is very good (daytime conditions).
The holder turns out to be very good as well - I attached it to the top (inside) of the canopy, the picture was steady even though the air was turbulent at times.
The 1 hour flight resulted in dozens of 1 minute clips.

Saar, thanks. Do you mean to turn the recycle option to "no" (as well as having the duration set to "no")?
כן ככה זה אצלי וזה מצלם רצוף בלי הפסקה, אני לא ליד המצלמה כרגע אבל לפי מה שאני זוכר אצלי זה ככה.

Back