F800 Pro - How to remote live view during Parking Mode?

FatStrawPDX

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just bought the Thinkware F800 Pro from blackboxmycar and am wondering how do I remove live view when the unit is in Parking Mode? I noticed the hotspot connection turns off when I power off my car (I have everything hardwired and am using the Cellink B battery).

Is there a way to have it notify me on my phone during parking mode when the motion detection in parking mode triggers (My Nest home camera does this)? In addition, would it be possible to view the 30 second playback video AND remotely view live to see what's happening?

This is my first Dashcam for a car and I hope to later find a third Camera for in cabin 360 view with parking mode :).

Assuming the American market is similar to the UK market we don't actually have the cloud software available as yet and we don't have a set date for it although we are hoping it will be in November. We have had the Cloud software to test for a few weeks now (although we are not having much joy with it due to an unknown problem, other countries are testing it and it's working) it looks like it's only going to support Geofencing, Locate the car & Driving impact notification initially. I think the plan is to add to it as time goes on......

Assuming the American market is similar to the UK market we don't actually have the cloud software available as yet and we don't have a set date for it although we are hoping it will be in November. We have had the Cloud software to test for a few weeks now (although we are not having much joy with it due to an unknown problem, other countries are testing it and it's working) it looks like it's only going to support Geofencing, Locate the car & Driving impact notification initially. I think the plan is to add to it as time goes on......

Hmm. Continuous improvement ftw.

With the upcoming cloud software, will it have any options for anti-theft measures? For instance, have the unit automatically upload the video file to the cloud server when it detects a break-in. Cause right now if the thief stills the micro SD chip, we're all screwed.

Anyhow, I took the Thinkware F800 Pro out for a drive today to make some videos. The video quality seems a bit grainy to me. I'm compiling a time lapse video with Sony Vegas Pro right now but had to manually time lapse all those 1 minute video segment files. I wish there was an option with the F800 Pro for longer segment recordings. A time lapse option for continuous recording would have been nice too!

Back