F800 Pro Manual Recording

Peyole

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have updated to the latest firmware (1.02.02), and the camera does continuous recording and incident recording properly (shaking camera and getting incident prompt through speaker), however when I hit the manual recording button I get no response. I tried longer press as well to no result. After hitting it a few times I also checked the app file list and did not see any videos. Anyone able to help me? Thanks.

I actually tried a bunch of different things to try and figure it out this morning after I submitted my post last night, and I hope this is able to help anyone that ever has the same question. I could be also missing something, but this is what I discovered. It appears that when the phone app is active and connected to the camera it will not initiate a manual recording. It will however initiate a incident recording by doing something like jostling the camera. When I disconnected the app and hit the manual recording button I got a successful recording and voice prompt. I also discovered that the microphone button behaves the same way. It appears that the voice recording option can only be changed while the app is not connected.

If someone has more details or something specific I missed I would love to hear it from you. Hopefully this can help anyone else coming to the forum.

I’ll check this out tomorrow as I have the updated firmware also.

Also, you do know that recording is disabled when you’re in the app recording settings, right? The camera will not record while you’re in the settings part of the app as recording is disabled as you’re changing settings.

Yes, however I was not in live view, or file list, or anything. Who knows, but either way I am still learning the camera and am pretty happy. So far I only have one gripe, and that's the constantly blinking blue wi-fi light when not connected to wi-fi or hotspot. Not a huge deal but still something I would like to have turn off, or perhaps start flashing when you hit the wi-fi button and are in the process of connecting. Though if it is connected to the phone's hotspot, and cloud features are turned off, does it use any data? I haven't seen a definitive answer on that yet unfortunately.

Yes, however I was not in live view, or file list, or anything. Who knows, but either way I am still learning the camera and am pretty happy. So far I only have one gripe, and that's the constantly blinking blue wi-fi light when not connected to wi-fi or hotspot. Not a huge deal but still something I would like to have turn off, or perhaps start flashing when you hit the wi-fi button and are in the process of connecting. Though if it is connected to the phone's hotspot, and cloud features are turned off, does it use any data? I haven't seen a definitive answer on that yet unfortunately.
Sorry for the late reply. I kept forgetting to turn on the manual recording.

I pressed the button and got an audio playback stating that manual recording has started (it covers the prior 20 seconds and next 40). I have the latest firmware downloaded so maybe it’s just something on your end? Double check your volume and also if there are recordings saved in the manual recording file.

Back