F800 pro problem

blackrat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I have just found this forum and there is a lot of useful information on here but an awful lot so I apologise if this issue has been discussed before

I have an F800pro front and rear system professionally hard wired into my BMW F30 model
I have initialised the ADAS
I have activated the lane departure and forward collision warnings
Parking mode is enabled

When I first start the car I get the continuous recording etc message and the device clicks/bings and bongs etc as the warnings activate
When I park and turn off the car I get the appropriate parking recording message

All is good so it seems
However
Occasionally when I start I get the continuous recording message but even when above the activation speeds don't get the warning sounds and when I stop and look nothing has been recorded for this journey
Related to this is the fact that when I switch the car off I don't get the parking mode message but it almost keeps trying to start up with the continuous recording ... message every few minutes

The only way I seem to be able to overcome this is by disconnecting the power to the camera for a few minutes
has anyone else come across this before and how did you resolve it, I have contacted Thinkware and to be honest they don't seem to be much help

thanks in advance

Dave

Welcome to DCT @blackrat :)
I don't have this cam, but I dug up these similar threads which might help you get to the bottom of this:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...-continuous-mode-without-even-a-hickup.39656/

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/thinkware-f800-not-turning-on.40076/

And based on reading some other threads, there might be a powering problem, especially using another hardwire kit not made for this cam. Thinkware factory support is not known for being quick or comprehensive, which seems to be as much who you get on their end as anything else. @Maddog1974 is the Thinkware rep in the UK and now that I've tagged him he might jump in here to help out- he knows his products well ;) Good luck with this!

Phil

@blackrat if you message me your address i have a short cable i made up a while back and i will send one to you that will plug inline with the camera but just has a couple of LEDs attached to it to show if the Permanent Power (Red LED) and the Ignition Power (Green LED) are present. Whilst driving both should be on, when Parked only the RED Led should be on. The only thing to keep in mind is the LEDs start to illuminate dimly at about 4 volts so need to make sure they are full brightness.LED Cable.png

We may have spoken on the phone yesterday as some of the Post above rings a bell but not all of it?!
Can i just check you are using the Genuine Thinkware memory card too?

@blackrat if you message me your address i have a short cable i made up a while back and i will send one to you that will plug inline with the camera but just has a couple of LEDs attached to it to show if the Permanent Power (Red LED) and the Ignition Power (Green LED) are present. Whilst driving both should be on, when Parked only the RED Led should be on. The only thing to keep in mind is the LEDs start to illuminate dimly at about 4 volts so need to make sure they are full brightness.View attachment 49479

We may have spoken on the phone yesterday as some of the Post above rings a bell but not all of it?!
Can i just check you are using the Genuine Thinkware memory card too?

thank you I will send my address separately
as far as I am aware the memory card is a genuine one as it is the one that came with the camera supplied and fitted arranged by the rac

Yes it will be a genuine card as it was supplied & fitted via the RAC as we supply the units for them and it's one of our engineers that fits it!

Back