F800PRO with iroad battery backup

chunky98

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys looking a bit of advice please. I have the Thinkware F800 pro and purchased the Iroad battery pack for continuous recording. I got it installed by an auto spark but he said the instructions were very vague, mostly in Chinese. After the unit was installed he said it was charging. I cannot connect to the unit via bluetooth and after the car is switched off the dashcam goes off and the iroad doesn't kick in.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Rick

Hi guys looking a bit of advice please. I have the Thinkware F800 pro and purchased the Iroad battery pack for continuous recording. I got it installed by an auto spark but he said the instructions were very vague, mostly in Chinese. After the unit was installed he said it was charging. I cannot connect to the unit via bluetooth and after the car is switched off the dashcam goes off and the iroad doesn't kick in.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Rick

Your auto spark has obviously taken you for a ride. The fact that the instructions were in Chinese is irrelevant - he could have used Google Translate viewing the instructions through a mobile phone or tablet and had every page translated on the fly.

That aside, most competent auto sparks will work it out and test it in front of you afterwards, to make sure it all works as it’s supposed to.

I confess I haven’t a clue how to install something like this; when I bought my F800 Pro Twin Channel sixteen months ago, I also bought a Cellink Neo 6 - the latter purchased because it was a tried tested and proven auxiliary battery that could be easily mated to the F800 Pro.

I did take it to an auto spark too - a reputable one. They’d never done an install on a 2008 Prius Hybrid before - and before I left, they were already online downloading relevant power connectivity schematics. I left my vehicle with them for the day and came back to collect it late afternoon.

It all worked. They confessed it had been harder work mating the Cellink Neo 6 power pack to the vehicle than they imagined - but they succeeded without blowing the electronics of my vehicle (a.k.a. The Spaceship) to Kingdom come.
They commanded a rather (pre-agreed) steep fee, but I did appreciate the professionalism they put into their work, and paid them accordingly.

After all, they were turning my old boring vehicle into a road going Millenium Falcon with these enhancements.

16 months later and it all STILL works flawlessly.

Bottom line? Please find an auto spark who takes pride in his / her work and will do it properly for the appropriate fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Your auto spark has obviously taken you for a ride. The fact that the instructions were in Chinese is irrelevant - he could have used Google Translate viewing the instructions through a mobile phone or tablet and had every page translated on the fly.

That aside, most competent auto sparks will work it out and test it in front of you afterwards, to make sure it all works as it’s supposed to.

I confess I haven’t a clue how to install something like this; when I bought my F800 Pro Twin Channel sixteen months ago, I also bought a Cellink Neo 6 - the latter purchased because it was a tried tested and proven auxiliary battery that could be easily mated to the F800 Pro.

I did take it to an auto spark too - a reputable one. They’d never done an install on a 2008 Prius Hybrid before - and before I left, they were already online downloading relevant power connectivity schematics. I left my vehicle with them for the day and came back to collect it late afternoon.

It all worked. They confessed it had been harder work mating the Cellink Neo 6 power pack to the vehicle than they imagined - but they succeeded without blowing the electronics of my vehicle (a.k.a. The Spaceship) to Kingdom come.
They commanded a rather (pre-agreed) steep fee, but I did appreciate the professionalism they put into their work, and paid them accordingly.

After all, they were turning my old boring vehicle into a road going Millenium Falcon with these enhancements.

16 months later and it all STILL works flawlessly.

Bottom line? Please find an auto spark who takes pride in his / her work and will do it properly for the appropriate fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Many thanks for your advice and the experience you had. I will see someone else when this lockdown ceases. Many thanks again!

Back