F900LHD QX2 edition

Corrodias

Reaction score
I bought a F900LHD, and intrigued by the "QX2 edition" option, i chose that. Can anyone give me more information about this?

From what i've gathered by letting Google Translate mangle Russian forums like this one and this one (especially around page 506), it looks like QX2 may be a custom firmware by a fellow named Andromedich.

There is a possible improvement to image noise, and added "plate stamp" and "file lock" features. The "plate stamp" lets you enter a short string of characters to be displayed underneath the timestamp, but it only permits 0-9 and the letters ABEKMHOPCTYX. Maybe that's due to its country of origin? The "file lock" is engaged by pressing the joystick button (while the display is on), and if i'm reading my machine translated text right, it sets the current and previous video files to read only.

There seem to be some concerns among users about some of the models having a rather blue-looking video, and some not (i don't think mine appears to be overly blue...?). And there's a lot of talk about "OLD" and "NEW". Can anyone shed some light on this situation? I failed to register on the 3ppc forum to see the members-only boxes in the posts. Couldn't get it to accept my answer for the current president of Russia.

I haven't heard about this version before. But if you want to register for 3ppc, just type the following in lower case
putin

for the question.

Aha, thank you. Would you believe i tried several Cyrillic and transliterated versions of his name? And all they wanted was that.

It looks like the "old" vs "new" issue is that there are many incremental versions of the F900, and some of the older ones need a different firmware build than the newer ones. And there's the fact that QX2 (any version) may make videos that are kind of blue; i'm not certain on that one. Other than that, i can't make any sense of what's going on on that forum with just Google. It sounds like at least some people are having trouble with it, so until there's more information, i wouldn't advise getting QX2 on it. Although one of the posters said it is possible to flash back to stock firmware, so there is that. I'll see how mine looks after driving tomorrow.

edit: There is a manual, all in Russian, and as a PDF that doesn't let you copy text if your viewer respects permissions, making it unnecessarily difficult to copy to a translator. I despise PDF.

Back