Fa200 power draw non-wired in when the car is off

Mysticode

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have an FA200 in my cigarette 12v outlet and I was wondering if the power draw when the car is off is enough to drain my battery if left plugged in for just 1 or 2 days. Can it be left plugged in and left for longer? Curious how this all works with this model.

The manual is very light in details beyond setting the battery protector setting, which I have not yet done.

Thank you

Hello,

Thinkware Dash Cams typically include the 12V Power Cable which plugs into the 12V outlet in your vehicle.

• Powers the camera in Continuous Mode only
  • Provided with most Thinkware Dash Cams (depending on the bundle)
  • Plug and Play
  • Does not provide access to parking mode features and settings
  • Can potentially drain the vehicle's battery if used with a constant 12V Outlet
Check this link to learn more about How to Install the 12V Car Charger

Always-on Outlet Disclaimer

Some vehicles may feature a 12V outlet that has power when the vehicle is off.

Even with an outlet that has constant power, the dashcam will not switch over to Parking Mode.

The 12V Power Cable does not enable the Dash Cams Parking Mode as it is missing the necessary ACC Wire.

Running the Dash Cam with the 12V Power Cable for an extended time while away from the vehicle risks draining the vehicle's battery completely. If your vehicle has a 12V Outlet with constant power the dashcam has to be manually disconnected to prevent drainage.

Back