Few questions about the 900s - desperate and gonna lose my job

Hey I got the dash cam and on maximum settings 4k 30fps front and 1080p 30fps rear cam on Blackvue settings, Blackvue lets you record in 1 minute max, segments. Annoying. What's even more annoying? Power Director 14/15/16/17 can't understand H.265 AND!!!.... H.264 files from the dash cam. All it plays back is a black screen video. But Windows Media Player, YouTube!! and Microsoft Movie maker have no issues with playing any file from Blackvue.

One common program you can use especially for the majority of people with a Windows PC, is Microsoft Movie Maker. Now by default, Movie Maker only does 1080p max capturing. But there's a work around this, and Microsoft Movie Maker is so easy to use. I was surprised how a higher end editing software like Power Director has issues with playing such files yet like a 10 year old software program has no issues...

After Movie Maker is done, I transfer the file to Power Director 16, add my watermark, then produce then upload to YouTube.

Note also that not many programs have full support (if any) for H.265 codec from Blackvue. AND, you need a high end beefy computer, to play H.265 files. Even my Samsung S9 and HP white laptop which has an i5-6200u processor, has lag playback issues with H.265, but my custom desktop gaming PC which has an i7-6700k is powerful enough to pay H.265 format smoothly. Now if using evidence for insurance, police or court, H.264 is best format as it's a lot more widely supported and easier to playback on even like the weakest computer or your average laptop people use for work or school.

When you record in 4k, that takes quite a bit of hardware power (RAM, GPU, CPU, etc). And when you have small devices like this, it's easy for it overheat. That is why they program the software to limit the chances of it regularly overheating to a point that you can't use it. Even my Samsung S9 has a limit on how long it can record in 4k. You can change it to 1 minute frequency which isn't too bad. Use Microsoft Movie Maker (free, reliable and safe) to crop/cut/add/etc.

You can make a single video with several video with ffmpeg
You need to download ffmpeg

https://www.videohelp.com/software/ffmpeg

Create an ffmpeg directory and save ffmpeg.exe to this directory

Copy paste the video files you want to assemble into this same directory
They must have the same codec and follow each other!

Create a text file with following all your mylist.txt videos

To quote
# this is a comment
file 'xxxxxxxxxxx1_NF.mp4'
file 'xxxxxxxxxxx2_NF.mp4'

Save it in the same directory

In the directory address bar, delete the line and type CMD and confirm with the Enter key

The CMD appears

Copy paste this line and let it go

To quote
ffmpeg -f concat -safe 0 -i mylist.txt -c copy concat.mp4

Enjoy

Back