File Explorer Content and Details time difference

Bob Hawkins

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I posted what follows on Windows Ten Forums, but could the issue be dash cam related?
I have transferred some videos from my dash cam to my PC recently. I usually work with View>Details in File Explorer. I was surprised to find that, although the Date modified details matched the video upon pasting (which are correct), one hour has been added when I return to the list. View>Content retains the correct time, however. I have never been aware of this, previously, when computing. Indeed, I see that .jpg files of images taken on my walk today retain their correct times in View>Details. I wonder what might be the cause?
Time Zone/DST is set to +1.

Could it be that the dashcam and PC times are an hour out ?

Kremmen
As I wrote, the times shown on Details when first pasted are correct and the Content times remain correct. Times on the video are correct and the time on my PC is correct.

I was just thinking about my old dashcam that I left on permanent GMT because I was too lazy to change it.

Solved: there appear to be thirteen options for Date... as column headings in File Explorer. The difference between Details and Content in my case was that Details had "Date" and Content had "Date modified". Changing the column heading in Details to "Date modified" rectified the situation.
My mission now is to identify the differences in the thirteen options!

There's a fourteenth hidden one :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R 412GW 0
G 412GW 4
Joe Peddos 412GW 6
NeepNinja 412GW 0
R 412GW 5
Back