Files Always Corrupt

washcroft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I'm a new owner of the X2 and I have it running on 1.02.04 with 2x 64GB Samsung MLC cards, however I'm finding that 95% of the files on both cards are always corrupt - the files exist but their content is nothing but NULL bytes (0x00). This is happening with the cards formatted as both FAT32 and exFAT.

Is this a known issue with v1.02.04?

Best Regards,
Warren

I think this is a known issue in the version, contact your seller and they'll give you a different version to try

I've never seen that one before - have you tried testing the cards with h2testw?

Hello,
I'm a new owner of the X2 and I have it running on 1.02.04 with 2x 64GB Samsung MLC cards, however I'm finding that 95% of the files on both cards are always corrupt - the files exist but their content is nothing but NULL bytes (0x00). This is happening with the cards formatted as both FAT32 and exFAT.

Is this a known issue with v1.02.04?

Best Regards,
Warren

Have you formatted memory cards inside unit as well ?

I've never seen that one before - have you tried testing the cards with h2testw?

I haven't but can do - as it was affecting front and rear cards at the same time I didn't expect it to be card problem.

Have you formatted memory cards inside unit as well ?

Yes, FAT32 and exFAT formatted on a PC and exFAT formatted on the unit. All three have the problem, seemingly only once it starts to loop?

I haven't but can do - as it was affecting front and rear cards at the same time I didn't expect it to be card problem.

Yes, FAT32 and exFAT formatted on a PC and exFAT formatted on the unit. All three have the problem, seemingly only once it starts to loop?
You wrote 95% of files are corrupted, I assume 5% of files are OK.

1. Are those 5% in sequent order ?
2. Are they at the end of memory card ?
3. Are those good 5% files on both rear and front cards from same recording time, or random ?

I am trying to understand if its could be memory card or FW related.

1. Are those 5% in sequent order ?
2. Are they at the end of memory card ?
3. Are those good 5% files on both rear and front cards from same recording time, or random ?

I will inspect the cards later and report back.

It's definitely worth trying them as it could be both cards are fakes depending on where you bought them from.

Hmm... I am doubting the authenticity of my cards now, files filled with zero bytes would be a likely indicator of fake flash. I will test and report back.

I will inspect the cards later and report back.

Hmm... I am doubting the authenticity of my cards now, files filled with zero bytes would be a likely indicator of fake flash. I will test and report back.
Can you share a link where you bought cards from.

OK - So it transpires that I have fallen victim to fake flash! I had no idea this practice was so widespread...

Sorry for the unnecessary panic, I am happy knowing my corrupt files isn't anything to do with the X2.

Warning: Only 63967 of 63968 MByte tested.
The media is likely to be defective.
5.9 GByte OK (12464960 sectors)
56.5 GByte DATA LOST (118539456 sectors)
Details:0 KByte overwritten (0 sectors)
0 KByte slightly changed (< 8 bit/sector, 0 sectors)
56.5 GByte corrupted (118539456 sectors)
0 KByte aliased memory (0 sectors)
First error at offset: 0x0000000094ac8000
Expected: 0x0000000094ac8000
Found: 0xffffffffffffffff
H2testw version 1.3
Writing speed: 10.8 MByte/s
Reading speed: 10.9 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4​

OK - So it transpires that I have fallen victim to fake flash! I had no idea this practice was so widespread...

Sorry for the unnecessary panic, I am happy knowing my corrupt files isn't anything to do with the X2.

Warning: Only 63967 of 63968 MByte tested.
The media is likely to be defective.
5.9 GByte OK (12464960 sectors)
56.5 GByte DATA LOST (118539456 sectors)
Details:0 KByte overwritten (0 sectors)
0 KByte slightly changed (< 8 bit/sector, 0 sectors)
56.5 GByte corrupted (118539456 sectors)
0 KByte aliased memory (0 sectors)
First error at offset: 0x0000000094ac8000
Expected: 0x0000000094ac8000
Found: 0xffffffffffffffff
H2testw version 1.3
Writing speed: 10.8 MByte/s
Reading speed: 10.9 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4​

Sorry to hear that. Hope you can recover your money via PP or Credit Card centre.
Can you share the place ( link ) you bought them from. This would serve as a warning to other buyers.

Sorry to hear that. Hope you can recover your money via PP or Credit Card centre.
Can you share the place ( link ) you bought them from. This would serve as a warning to other buyers.

It was a random seller on eBay, eBay returned my money straight away. I have now purchased Samsung Pro MLC cards from a reputable store and have verified they are genuine before using them.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B X2 1
Street Guardian USA X2 0
Back