Finally got this installed

k9x9

Reaction score
Country
United States
Several weeks ago I picked up the A39 3-cam setup, hardwire kit, BT remote and 2 fuse taps for ~$180 thanks to Viofo's sale plus an Amazon Business holiday promo. It took me about a week to install everything as I could only tolerate about an hour or so each time due to the cold weather. :D (2-car garage with room for zero cars)

The thin wire made everything very easy to tuck up into the headliner without having to pull any trim for the 2 front cams. The only exception was my rear tailgate, which required pulling 2 trim panels and then painstakingly routing the wire through a very crowded rubber boot that runs between the roof and the tailgate. Despite the fact that my truck is 18.5' long, I had about 1' of extra wire leftover. If you had a 22'-23' pickup truck, you would be SOL (Does Viofo offer a longer wire?).

Tailgate wiring was a PITA, but came out nicely.

IMG-1818.jpg

With all the onboard tech + the triple cam setup things are looking a little crowded at the windshield, but it is what it is.

IMG-1820.jpg

Look like a sweet install. (y)

If you had a 22'-23' pickup truck, you would be SOL (Does Viofo offer a longer wire?).
Lots of choice, up to 15 meters (50ft):

That is another advantage of the A139, the A129 can only manage half that length.

Although the coax cables of the A139 can't turn as tight a radius as others, the shielding configuration of coax gives a big advantage in lowered signal loss (allowing longer runs) and ease of installation. It does cost more but I wouldn't be surprised if it begins showing up on other premium cams in the near future ;)

Phil

If you put the rear camera within the area the rear wiper covers, it is more likely to have a clear image. It does make the camera more obvious though.

Are there any 90° connectors available for rear cam cable?

We may still have some 90° angle version in stock.
I mean an 90° angle female>male adapter that I could use with the 2.8 mm regular wire. Something like in attachment.

Attachments

• procab-clp204-adapter-3-5-mm-jack-female-stereo-3-5-mm-jack-male-stereo-90 -angled.png
    procab-clp204-adapter-3-5-mm-jack-female-stereo-3-5-mm-jack-male-stereo-90 -angled.png
    150 KB · Views: 3
We don't have such an adapter for coaxial connector.

Back