FineSafer issue

Hi all !

I've upgraded to 1.0.0.5 some hours ago, and since this upgrade the dashcam has frozen twince in 3 hours during parking mode.
I had to reboot the dashcam to make it work again.

I don't know if there is a link, but I also activated the auto-upload Cloud feature.

Anybody has same issues ?

Sorry, it was my FineSafer...
Thank you for the update.

For who is interested with, here is the manual of the Multisafer Vu :
http://chris021.free.fr/MultisaferVu-Manual.pdf

It's strange because on last page, "SECU" line, you can read something about "external impact".

Anyway, this Multisafer Vu is more reliable than the FineSafer after some tests I've done.
I'll make a video review soon.

I'm not sure if it's reliable like that, it's not something I've ever tried

Don't worry about only using the Batt+ option, i'm running that myself, and has been for over a year now, 24/7/365. No issues whatsoever! The Multisafer figures out the battery-voltage when connected. Follow the manual and you'll be AOK.

Where did Chris-S meassure the voltage at 12.3V from? Fusebox-point (where the FineSafer is connected from fusebox) or direct from battery?

Finesafer is direct connected to battery, I've mesured at the same point.

The Batt+ câble was connected to a remote switch I used every day to disable parking mode.
Each time I boot the Finesafer, each time a different voltage mesured compared to voltmeter.

Okay, it may be a faulty unit, but at decimal level the FineVu could be meassuring ~2mV +/- off in comparison to the voltmeter.

If i'm testing the fusebox-point in my car, where my MultiSafer (same unit, different name) is connected to batt+ the fusebox is meassuring 12.4 (car turned OFF) and the MultiSafer would (in Voltage Mode) show approx. 12.3 or 12.2 (according to blinks of the diodes). It pretty much stays within my multimeters calibrated meassurement.

I can't rule out that you got a faulty unit, but i'm not sure that the problem is the chip on the FineVu, because that chip would see the power it gets from the battery, precise as the voltmeter, if connected directly.

I suspect voltage loss somewhere in the circuit.

I've made a test with a variable regulated power.
At 12.5V, Finesafer is mesuring 12.3V
At 11.8V, Finesafer is mesuring 12.0V
There is really something wrong.
I'll send it back to seller.

Good morning, how do I connect the wires do not understand Black ground OK, Red ACC +?, Yellow B +?, Green Led (-)? safer.JPG

Last edited:
Try to speak English please

I've made a test with a variable regulated power.
At 12.5V, Finesafer is mesuring 12.3V
At 11.8V, Finesafer is mesuring 12.0V
There is really something wrong.
I'll send it back to seller.
I suspect that would be normal, as the output is likely controlled by a transistor which will have a forward (ON) voltage drop of about the magnitude of the 0.2V. that you are reporting

Ideally, the device should switch off the cam when the input voltage reaches the preset level. i.e. If you have set it to 12V, then it should switch off the cam when the battery gets to 12V but the output voltage will be a bit less as you have found.

The absolute output voltage being a bit below 12V doesn't matter as the cam will work just fine on a much lower voltage than 12V (I haven't experimented on this though to find out just how low.)(

PS. Are your second figures the wrong way round?

Last edited:
Good morning, how do I connect the wires do not understand Black ground OK, Red ACC +?, Yellow B +?, Green Led (-)? OTE]
ACC = a 12V supply switched by your ignition switch for normal use.
B+ = A permanent 12V live for the parking mode
LED- = Presumably this will switch on a remote 12V LED if the LEDs pos is connected to permanent live to indicate the unit is on.

Power Magic Pro is now on sale at Halfords @£20

Try to speak English please
Nothing wrong with the English that a bit of punctuation wouldn't fix.
As in,
Good morning, how do I connect the wires do not understand Black ground OK, Red ACC +?, Yellow B +?, Green Led (-)?
changed to:
Good morning. How do I connect the wires? Do not understand. Black ground OK, Red ACC +?, Yellow B +?, Green Led (-)?
TIFTFY

Back