FINEVu CR-2000 ΩMEGA

kmd1970

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
GS600,GT300W,LS400W,DR750LW-2CH,CR-2000G,X2,F770,DR750S-2CH
Hot off the assembly line.

The nation's first dual-saving CCR (Complete Continuous Recording Dual Save) that occurs before or after an event. Running constantly it record files seamlessly.

1. The latest state-of-the-art features with advanced image processing technology.
  2. Vision ADAS technology. ADAS will support advanced functionality and combines the latest image processing technology and OBD-II modem via a future firmware update.
  3. Forward collision warning function (FCWS)
  4. Lane departure warning function (LDWS) and various driver safety features
    Advanced features for a high level of picture quality.
  5. Front and rear video at full-HD 1920 x 1080 @ 30 frames per second
  6. Near-infrared (NIR) Sony CMOS sensor optimizes brightness and sharpness. NIR shows a bright, clear image quality even at night when light is lacking in both front and rear cameras.
  7. Digital zoom (Zoom) function.
  8. A Blue Filter for a clear picture quality.
  9. WDR (Wide Dynamic Range)
  10. 115-degree wide-angle lens with a wide horizontal viewing angle.
  11. De-warping to reduce distortion of the picture.
  12. 3.5-inch widescreen LCD with dual-screen support.

vXAmyht.jpg

ylt4B3u.jpg

VaFNX3W.jpg

Last edited:
6. Near-infrared (NIR) Sony CMOS sensor....

frankly this NIR is nice update for me.

NIR Sony CMOS used is one from three available: IMX222LQJ, IMX236LQJ, IMX238LQJ

I have a Panorama S prototype also with IMX236LQJ. I am wondering how they would perform side by side ( Pano S vs Fenevu, both on IMX236 )

Reading
Navinside they say it has aluminium body ( inner or full shell ? ), which is good step forward, similar to what Panorama X1 and X2 uses.

Not sure how "innovative" is CCR Dual Save, - it has been used on many dashcams for few years. Probably just marketing trick.
The only "innovation" is that Dual memory card slot is divided by: one card recording normal recordings, and second one records only emergency files.

Rear camera is more discrete than previous 2000-series square /
cube design. I wonder if Rear camera video cable MicroUSB connector will be straight or L-shape ? ( we will see )

The CR-2000G was an A7 & IMX122 looking at the firmware but says 2.4Mpixel on the outer body like this new one?

Imx122 and imx2xx series have same technical specs on paper.

Diagonal 6.4 mm (Type 1/2.8) 2.43M-Effective Pixel HD1080 p CMOS Image Sensor with 2.8um pixel size.

Not shure what exactly makes 2xx series better at night than 1xx series ? ( secret sauce ? ) :)

2.4Mpix is imx222 and imx236. So it must be one of those two cmos used here. I believe its 236 like on my prototype Panorama S.

How is the 236 mate? How does it stack up against the 322? I think I read it supports the faster frame rates that the A7 could use?

How is the 236 mate? How does it stack up against the 322?
Quite good for prototype, but some video FW tune up still need to be done to squeez out maximum.
Just having a good cmos is not enough.
For example Fine-tuned FW on cheap AR0330 can perform better than poorly tuned FW on Sony Exmor.
Hope Finevu has done all needed best video quality tune-up for good video quality. At least on paper 2xx series cmos looks very promising.

Is this model available in English and how does it differ from the 2000g please?

Is this model available in English and how does it differ from the 2000g please?

We carry the model with English firmware and manual!

Some changes with the design
- Silver edge along the frame and a much improved rear camera (better looking and more flexible when it comes to mounting)
- Rear lens angle is 121 degrees (diagonal) as opposed to 136
- External GPS with the Omega seems to connect faster and be more accurate (more wires to hide though)
- CCR Dual Save, means that if something does get tagged as an event file, the normal footage will not be affected and an additional file will be saved. This is really nice to have when you have dual memory cards, the full size SD becomes a dedicated event/parking mode folder. I'm running 2x 64GB cards and the file management is awesome/highly customizable
- Switched to direct hardwire cable instead of multi-safer, cleaner and easier to setup in my opinion. Even after installing so many multisafer/pmp I have to refer back to the manual for the dip switches. Direct hardwire lets you change the voltage cutoff/timer settings on the screen and has less wiring to hide. Downside is the cables are always too short to reach rear fuse boxes (e.g., Newer BMW and some Mercedes models)
- Some more driver assistance features: Forward collision warning system, forward vehicle moving alert. This might be handy for bad drivers who text and drive, if the car in front starts moving it will beep gently to remind you to get going

Do I understand correctly, if you do not plug in the GPS cable, it will not record your speeds (i.e. the actual GPS is remote, vs just an additional antenna)

Do I understand correctly, if you do not plug in the GPS cable, it will not record your speeds (i.e. the actual GPS is remote, vs just an additional antenna)
Yes, correct.

Hi @youbecha the GPS antenna looks like this
IMG_5888_large.jpg

Back