FineVu GX1000 - In-Depth Review

rcg530

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackVue, Thinkware, VIOFO, Vantrue, Blueskysea, FineVu
I've been testing the FineVu GX1000 2K QHD 2-channel dash camera over the past several weeks. I have another thread on this site with my test data.

Fine Digital provided two GX1000 2-channel dash cameras, two cigarette lighter adapters and two extra 3-wire hardwire cables for this review free of charge.

I just completed my in-depth review video for the FineVu GX1000. I compare the features of the FineVu GX1000 with the VIOFO A229 Duo.

great review

however, all the same dashcam issues that so far were not addressed:
1. 30fps is too slow to capture license plates
2. hdr is only for static objects
3. glare from windshield

I see a lot of new features for parking mode, especially to address battery drain
but, nothing that address parking mode issue in a rain or snow, that triggers events none stop over rain

can you test parking mode in a rain? pls
it might be too late for California, while you might simulate a rain

I wish to have in new dashcam:
1. large sensor to allow 60fps or even 120fps hdr without smearing and at night time too
2. attach dashcam lenses to car windshield to eliminate glares and reflections, a way how it's done for Subaru Eyesight or Tesla camera

however, all the same dashcam issues that so far were not addressed:
1. 30fps is too slow to capture license plates
2. hdr is only for static objects
A139 Pro HDR after Headlight Upgrade
I recently had my 12 year old HID headlight bulbs replaced with one of the brightest HIDs on the market - Osram Nightbreaker

The projector element is cloudy so I'm not getting the full potential of the new bulbs, but they are noticeably brighter - both to my eye and to my dashcams.

I can now read a higher proportion of oncoming car number plates at night.

Pause the sample video and look at number plates.
Maybe nr 1 statement to, but at least nr 2 statement is false.

I see a lot of new features for parking mode, especially to address battery drain
but, nothing that address parking mode issue in a rain or snow, that triggers events none stop over rain

can you test parking mode in a rain? pls
it might be too late for California, while you might simulate a rain
I'm going to be removing the GX1000 dash cameras from my car this week to move on to the next dash camera in my review queue. For my own vehicles, I never use a motion based parking mode because there's too large of a chance (IMO) that it may miss something especially if it comes from the side of the vehicle. I prefer low bitrate (with audio) or as a fall back time-lapse.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Dash Cam Reviews 13