firmware 20140611 V1

For information startup bug is not fixed with this 0611 version :(
It appears when you start the cam, after stopped for some few minutes.

After a long shutdown, I have never had this startup stuck.

@Tobi@s : there is no configurable option to set sound off.

Last edited:
Hi everyone on the forum, I installed my new 0611 and 0803 is much cooler than the old firmware, it is very good

For information startup bug is not fixed with this 0611 version :(
It appears when you start the cam, after stopped for some few minutes.

After a long shutdown, I have never had this startup stuck.

@Tobi@s : there is no configurable option to set sound off.
up on main screen -> mic muted
Then I rebooted the cam an audio recording was still disabled

Yes, but did you test it, mine shows it's still muted however it's not :(

This one is working. Please remove the other 2 links leading to the broken binaries.

Thats good but also disappointing that a simple thing like disabling startup sounds is still not a config option.

Do you know if this version and the FOXOFFER version are the same?

Probably yes. My cam is from Foxoffer.

Yes, I know that.
I thought you were talking about an option in the menu.

So basically from the posts above we have a new version of firmware that is no different to previous firmwares. Great..............

Better not take the risk to brick your cam with this version.
Startup freeze bug is always here

I am happy with my 0803 apart from 1 issue, the mute bug. It would also be nice to be able the turn off the startup sound in the menu but for now I am using a fw version modified by someone on this forum which is a decent workaround for now.

Hi everyone on the forum, I installed my new 0611 and 0803 is much cooler than the old firmware, it is very good

Sure. 100C is much cooler than 200C. Someone posted if you run the camera at 1080p it runs cooler.

Same for me - ordered mine on June 19th on foxoffer, arrived with 20040611 installed, but the mic disable bug and infinite buzz bugs (got it only once though) are still there.

Just tried out the FW 21040611 V1.0 version today, on my 1 card & GPS Mini 0803, from your link.
It works but there doesn't seem to be much difference between it and the last FW 20140510 v1.0.:confused:
There would appear to be some more choices behind the 'Date/Time Stamp' section in the menu but that seems to be all.....o_O

Unfortunately on reviewing the recorded video footage it does appear to be a step backwards:-
  • In 1080P resolution (and perhaps in 1296P too?) it appears to give a more pixelated/blocky image than when using FW 20140510 V1.o :(
I've reverted back to FW 20140510 V1.0 until the next FW release.

@billknow - Please can you find out the following from the Manufacturer:-
  1. What are the differences between FW 20140611 v1.0 & FW 20140510 V1.0??
  2. Are there any future FW version(s) that are due for release soon?? If so what changes are expected?
Many thanks.;)

Last edited:
Judging from my personal experience with the 801 and 803, I can only conclude that many problems are the result of poor build/assembly quality, resulting in poor connections which in turn provide the most common error messages.
Improve the usb cable and windscreen mount connections and lots of error messages disappear like snow in the sun. Not being able to mute the 803's sound is the only problem I have right now.
Removing the camera too soon from the windshield mount, before the camera has shut down, will cause startup or shutdown problems (freezes).

Last edited:
I mean, that problem is resolution. If I use only 1080p, camera not freezing and I mean, that video i better. With 1296P it freezing. Only problem, that I have now is battery. I dont know, why, but, battery is still charging and cannot be charged. So, after I shut down engine, camera shutdown too fast and last file is not stored. With 0801 I dont have problems.

I mean, that battery is OK. When I start recording from emty battery with connected charger, it is charged after 45minutes. After that I disconnect charger and cammera stop after 21minutes. This is, if I charging camera directly. If I connect fully charged camera via base station, after 25minutes, it still blinking, that it is charging. Maybe, problem is in base station?

Back