Firmware 4.10

lacibaci

Reaction score
Country
United States
Changes made from version 4.00 to 4.10:
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent the device from identifying corrupt or incompatible SD cards.
  • Improved software stability.

installed the firmware last night, noticed this morning a message came up "The memory card is degrading and video may be lost. Replace the memory card soon" has this happened to anyone else? It was working flawlessly before the update

installed the firmware last night, noticed this morning a message came up "The memory card is degrading and video may be lost. Replace the memory card soon" has this happened to anyone else? It was working flawlessly before the update
hmmm... maybe this :)
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent the device from identifying corrupt or incompatible SD cards.

I got that SD message sometime after the update - did an in-unit format and haven't seen it since.

I just updated my firmware, inserted the card back in the dash cam, the screen flashed up "Updating Software" twice then the unit turned off and I can't get it started again....

I just updated my firmware, inserted the card back in the dash cam, the screen flashed up "Updating Software" twice then the unit turned off and I can't get it started again....
Same happened to me. Thought my unit was bricked. Took it to the local shop. The guy gave it power and then held the power button until the screen appeared. Took a little while... not the normal on/off. It showed the update progress bar which eventually completed.

Just a note ... the unit seems to be off, but the backllight is actually on and it get warmer when on power.

/Update : Weird thing is that I actually updated to 4.1 end of January already, so I found it strange when Garmin Express picked it up again and installed it

Last edited:
I get this error now about degraded memory card (on 4.10), it happens on any memory card including the card that came with it. It's only 2months old. The error shows on all my cards, old and new.
Can you back rev the firmware? or is there another workaround?
cheers
Gus

I get the same. I assume they thought they had this fixed in the latest software but apparently not.

I rotate 5 64G cards for about 2 years now - no problems yet.

Ok thanks, so what cards do people use that work ok?
Cheers

All of mine are "High Endurance" different manufacturers.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
lacibaci Dash Cam 55 0
lacibaci Dash Cam 55 1
lacibaci Dash Cam 55 2
truetaurus Dash Cam 55 22
lacibaci Dash Cam 55 0
Back