Firmware feature request

GuizmoPhil

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello,

I've been enjoying my SGGCX2PRO+ for more than a year now and I have jut recently upgraded my setup with a dashcash battery "BE-750" from BlackBoxMyCar.

Prior than this, I was using the hardwire kit to use parking mode directly from the fuse box. Now I'm running parking mode from the dashcam battery.

That being said, the feature I would love to have is support for parking mode for longer period than 24h. I usually do not use my car during the weekend, which means the car is in parking mode for about 60 hours.

My dashcam battery will handle that easily, but since there's no option to tell parking mode to keep recording after 24 hours, I do not have any footage if something would happen.

Also, I'd like to know what is the biggest microSD card size that is supported with the current firmware (1.31)?

Thanks,

512GB is largest supported card at the moment, will look at the option of longer park mode times, have some other work we are doing before we could get to that though

...would love to have is support for parking mode for longer period than 24h. I usually do not use my car during the weekend, which means the car is in parking mode for about 60 hours.

... there's no option to tell parking mode to keep recording after 24 hours, I do not have any footage if something would happen.

...will look at the option of longer park mode times, have some other work we are doing before we could get to that though
In the interim, while not an ideal solution, you can power cycle the camera once a day to re-enable parking mode.

Unsure what will be the easiest way to do it.
1: make a OFF option in the timer section.
2: make a 1000 hour option and name it "LVCO" Low Voltage Cut Off

Assuming #2 as that would just be one more option where as #1 would be nullifying all options

Reactions: Mtz
we are looking at an external battery option similar to the Cellink, if we do add those then we will look at opening up the time limit, at the moment for 99% of customers the 24 hour limit is beyond what they can achieve anyway

In the interim, while not an ideal solution, you can power cycle the camera once a day to re-enable parking mode.
This is what I've been doing, but unfortunately the one and only time I forgot, a tall truck reversed into my car.... I wasn't able to get his license plate, the son of bagel hit and ran, I only got my Viper security alert notification.

Since I park on the street, and often my car is at about 2-3 minutes walk because of parking madness in the city, this daily power cycling is becoming an annoyance. I've been remote starting my car using Viper just to power cycle the webcam, than shuting the car off when I felt too annoyed... but this isn't good for my car's battery. I won't be able to do this this winter at -20C.

This just shows how bad the parking mode option of SG is. After 24 hours, even tho there was still plenty of juice left in my Cellink-like battery and that the SG parking mode adapter was set to cut on the lowest voltage possible, just because of a 24 hours hardcoded limit in the firmware, the dashcam didn't do what you would expect it to do.

Worst thing is, the dashcam is completely turned off. The G-Sensor in the dashcam didn't detect the hit, because the dashcam was not running at all.

This experience really pissed me off about SG. At this point, I'm not considering upgrading to a new SG product, I'm more heading towards Thinkware or Blackvue options. The only good news in that, is the truck was so tall that my front bumper and headlights were not touched. Only the hood got damaged. Still, it costed 2500$ CAD to fix this.

we are looking at an external battery option similar to the Cellink, if we do add those then we will look at opening up the time limit, at the moment for 99% of customers the 24 hour limit is beyond what they can achieve anyway

99% of customers use their car daily? I park on the street and I don't use my car during the weekend, which is 48 to 72 hours depending if there's an holiday or not attached to it.

I don't understand how something that can be fixed easily in the code can't be added to the firmware quickly. It isn't a bug fix where they have to search for it, it is about adding extra time that they already did. They can copy-paste most of the current code to add more time.

I am sure adding a longer parking guard time is fairly easy the part of adding a few more options like 28 - 32 - 48 hours in the APP might actually be the hardest part.
SG also did not get into parking guard before long after the other brands, for the reason they said they was not happy about the options that was there at the time.

I dont think 72 hours is possible even with the largest car battery, i think you would have to get extreme to do that, and i think SG wont offer that before they can also offer a battery option to support that, even if as i understand it some dedicated dashcam power packs are compatible.
I am glad i dont drive a car i feel terrible much protective about, so i make do with 1 hour which cover all my shopping, and at home i have CCTV on my car from a camera screwed to my 2 floor balcony door.
I had a break in in my car on January 6 or there about, unfortunately i had been without the CCTV camera on my balcony for a year or two as the old camera died, i was prompted to race out and get a new one, but of course too late to do anything about that.
As my car are parked in a back yard, and the CCTV system have smart motion and i film in a downward angle and are zoomed in fairly close, then i only get notifications on my tablet and phone if something human or vehicle shaped get within 1 M of my car.
cats , ferrets or maybe big ass rats that run around down there, do not trigger my system and ruin my already severely disturbed sleep pattern.

Back