Firmware V2.6 causes corrupted files

Much appreciated. Did you hapen to find saturation settings also? I find the stock firmware severely pushes it too far.
I did find a section of code that seems to be Saturation values. Once isolated I double the values, load the modified firmware and see the result, takes time. Also looking for White Balance, huge code area. Sharpness alone is full screen of HEX values that require batch changing. The DIY screen capture video is long but interesting, revising now. Not sure if I should wait till I locate Contrast, Saturation, Hue, White Balance or just post the Sharpness and Logo firmware hack first.

Reactions: gse
On any website link simply right-click then select "Save As" to start download, now you can select any destination. VIOFO used to link a ZIP then changed to raw binary file links. Probably because customers were copying the FWA119S.ZIP file to memory card and wondering why it doesn't update. For many Dash Cam owners performing a Firmware Update on any device can be a challenge if never done before. I must admit its worth the risk if the improvements are important to you, else just skip it or seek guidenace from someone. The next Firmware Release will be the one you want. v2.7 or 2.8
Thank you for this information

I installed Firmware 2.61 today and it’s working properly.

I purchased my sd cards from Best Buy in Ontario Canada.
I had been using a 32GB Kingston Gold Series since Aug. 2017 and I recently upgraded to their new 32GB Kingston
Canvas Go! Class 10 Micro SDHC/SDXC Cards - 32GB-128GB | Kingston
I use 2 sd cards to monitor and rotate about twice a month. It also extends the life of the sd cards.
The dash cam has been used evry day since Aug. 2017 in temps from -24C to +34C with no problems.

Last edited:
i am not sure if Kingston Card the best choice for Dashcams....I had in the past bad experience with Kingston and Atemio Dashcam. Rebooting itself, Destroyed Files etc. i prefered to use Samsung EVO Card.

i checked this page already, but i told you only my experience :)
Your experience was then when there was a lot of turmoil with fake sd cards on the market.
Now, if you pick a good vendor you won't get stuck with a knockoff.
Many forum members are also strong advocates for Samsung EVO cards, Transcend, etc.
I've used Kingston every day since Aug. 24, 2017 with no issues..
Take your pick, there are many good cards out there.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have a Kingston 64GB that I used in my A118 daily from Mid 2015 - January 2018. It worked flawlessly. It went through extreme Winnipeg Winter/Summer temperatures, in a battery version A118 for years. I only stopped using it because I switched it to a 128GB Sandisk Ultra. Before the Kingston I used a 32GB Sandisk Ultra from 2014 - 2015.

Currently I use a 128GB Sandisk Ultra in the A118 as a rear camera, and another 128GB Sandisk Ultra in the A119S in the front.

I basically have exclusively used the brands that people say not to (and not even the high endurance versions either), and I haven't had a single problem with any of them for years. I figure as long as you buy a decent name brand card that has a good write speed, from a reputable place, it doesn't really matter what specific brand you use. I bought both of my 128GB cards from Costco. I don't think microSD cards are as hit and miss as they used to be, as long as you avoid no name cards and sketchy retailers.

I've also had a great experience using a Kingston card in my A119S since October 2017. Nothing special just a plain Jane Class 10. I reformat the card every time a new firmware is installed.

Good to hear you are happy with your choice of sd cards..
Hey Caerus, I'm 81 yrs old and when I was a kid I was living on a farm near Winnipeg.
In the mid 1940s, in winter time, my Dad took me outside to look at the thermometer, it was -48F.
Folks if an sd card works well in the winter in Winnipeg it has to be good.
flameboy, going over 10 months with no issues is great, stay the course.

after replacing the capacitors the problem with the broken video files was fixed.
The camera was working fine again the last seconds after turning the power off, the red light was shining and my A119S was able to finish the videos.

Today I recognized that the problem appeared again: the camera just turns off after removing the car key and/or turning off the ignition. It seems the capacitors are broken again and the quality is not as good as it should be.

I contacted viofo and will see what they will do.

Back