First Accident Caught on A139 Pro

In my opinion he had clearly premeditated leaving the scene if he was ever in an accident.
It might just be an instinctive reaction to run away after causing an accident

Well, yes. An adult should know that.

When I said it "save lives" I was reacting to your surprise that requiring passengers in the USA to wear seat belts was "unbelievable" but now you're saying, "Well yes, an adult should know that".

Perhaps I misunderstood what you meant.

Wow, unbelievable!

When I said it "save lives" I was reacting to your surprise that requiring passengers in the USA to wear seat belts was "unbelievable" but now you're saying, "Well yes, an adult should know that".

Perhaps I misunderstood what you meant.
I don't understand why is the driver fault. All passengers are required to wear seat belts in our country also, but it is not the driver responsibility if they are adults.

I don't understand why is the driver fault. All passengers are required to wear seat belts in our country also, but it is not the driver responsibility if they are adults.

Because not everyone is always so cooperative about wearing their seat belt and the police can only give a traffic ticket to the driver but not the passenger, so they require the driver to be the responsible party. Kind of like the captain of a ship.

They have public service advertising campaigns here that say, "Click it or Ticket".

the police can only give a traffic ticket to the driver but not the passenger
Why? That's so wrong!
But he can give a traffic ticket if a person is crossing a zebra on a red light, wright?

Why? That's so wrong!
But he can give a traffic ticket if a person is crossing a zebra on a red light, wright?

That's not exactly how it works here. If you mean a jaywalker, he would get a civil citation not a traffic ticket. A person driving a car gets traffic tickets but you could have passengers who are not licensed drivers so there would be no penalty mechanism for them in traffic court which is separate from civil court.

Thank you for taking the. Time to explain this to us sucks that he didn’t have insurance but am glad you and your family are safe , did u have to pay your deductible I assume so because the other driver had no Inusurence did you sue him . Also my parked car was hit and the driver ran caught there plate on radar mode it’s still ongoing . Your very lucky the police in your state made such great effort in most cases they just write A accident report and the hit and run driver gets off Scott free unless there are injury involves then
As mentioned in my write up I chose not to go through my insurance for several reasons. I think even the path that @DT MI suggested may not work because the Blue book value is too low. As for a civil suit, I fear retribution from this individual (or his friends) as he does not seem to be a person who cares about getting caught for breaking the law. This is the impression I got from seeing how he and his mother behaved when I saw them in person in the court room. The juice may not be worth the squeeze in this case.

@0341motormen , besides the plate, did you get the face of the driver?

Why? That's so wrong!
What happens in your country if the passenger is a child? Does the child get a ticket, or does the driver given a ticket for the child not wearing a seat belt?

Glad that everyone is OK - broken cars can be fixed a lot easier than broken people.

When things get back to normal try using a CPL on the rear camera. Reduces windshield glare considerably.

I am doubtful a CPL would have helped in this case. Although the sun was 90 degrees to the camera, there are multiple challenging factors at play. I have a tinted rear window, the driver had a tinted windshield with very dark side windows and the driver was awkwardly reclined (into the darkest portion of the car). The only face I caught was of the unbuckled child "kissing" the windshield while they were restless and bored waiting for the red light.

Last edited:
What happens in your country if the passenger is a child? Does the child get a ticket, or does the driver given a ticket for the child not wearing a seat belt?
Anyway, you may read again the conversation, ALL of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyway, you may read again the conversation, ALL of it.
It's a serious question. Do they call the parents or does the driver get a ticket?

If the driver gets the ticket than the law puts the responsibility on the driver to make sure the occupants are buckled in, but for some reason they exclude this responsibility if the person is an adult, which would be dumb because if the adult passenger is injured in an accident caused by the driver because they chose not to wear a seatbelt belt, then the driver would be responsible for the passengers injuries or death, no?

Last edited by a moderator:
Seat belt laws vary across the world. Here in the UK, the driver is legally responsible for ensuring passengers 'under the age of 14' are in the correct car seat, and that they are wearing their seat belt. Passengers 14 and over are responsible for themselves.

Guys, the text mentions a CPL filter for the rear camera .... is that really an option ?? What model of CPL ?

Guys, the text mentions a CPL filter for the rear camera .... is that really an option ?? What model of CPL ?
It is an option and the model will vary depending on your specific camera. In my video clip what I was using was a DIY version because that was before most manufacturers had factory filters available. In your case I don't see a CPL on VIOFO's wide site for the A139 rear camera so you may have to make one yourself.

Here's how I did mine back in 2015 but there are a number of examples in the DIY forum from other members who did their own as well - https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...-sg9665xx-a118xx-and-b40xx.11698/#post-151367

Another member posted that a Thinkware CPL fit the A139 rear camera so that might be an approach you can take - https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...filter-for-the-rear-camera-of-the-a139.45285/

DIY forum - https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/forums/diy-projects.31/

Last edited:
Back