First Dash Cam

Baca

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK just installed the B40 A118C dashcam decent video a bit dark but the weather wasn't to bright, maybe i need some adjustments.
Installed registrator viewer and my videos playback fine, but there are also videos there that are not mine.
When i playback from a card reader everything is normal and only my videos are there.
Can anybody shed any light on the reason for the other videos being there.

Baca

What do you mean under "other videos" ?
For night driving it usually what this type of hardware ( vs price ) can get. B40 is fair value for money. If you want better night, need to prepare to pay much more.
You can try adding EV value ( + ) from the menu, but downside it will create more motion blur at night and mostly likely going to overexpose daytime. Keeping EV at "0" is usually what people do.

Hi nico,
The other videos i was referring to are videos i have not myself recorded
but somone else's dash cam videos and are only there when i playback through registrator viewer.
When i playback using a card reader only my recorded videos are there so they are not on my SD Card.
Strange, I can easily delete them but just wondered why when i installed registrator viewer someone elses's videos were there when i went to playback mine.

Regarding the video quality, if it does not meet my needs i will use it as a rear view and look for a better dash cam for the front.

Baca

Hi nico,
The other videos i was referring to are videos i have not myself recorded
but somone else's dash cam videos and are only there when i playback through registrator viewer.
When i playback using a card reader only my recorded videos are there so they are not on my SD Card.
Strange, I can easily delete them but just wondered why when i installed registrator viewer someone elses's videos were there when i went to playback mine.

Regarding the video quality, if it does not meet my needs i will use it as a rear view and look for a better dash cam for the front.

Baca

Did dashcam came with microsd card already installed / inserted ? Probably somebody ( seller ? ) did some test driving and forgot to delete files ? Anyway, best advice with any microsd card ( new or used ) is to format inside dashcam before start using it.

I must say price vs value of B40 is fairly positioned. For that money it performs ok, however if you need something better ( especially at night ), then you may check out THIS TEST and see if it's fits your needs ?

Yes it came with microsd card already installed and i did not format inside dashcam so that is more than likley the answer.
I was already looking at the Street Guardian SG9665GC but thought i would try the B40 A118C first as i do very little night time driving and as i said i can always stick the B40 A118C in the rear if i am not satisfied.

Baca

Yes it came with microsd card already installed and i did not format inside dashcam so that is more than likley the answer.
I was already looking at the Street Guardian SG9665GC but thought i would try the B40 A118C first as i do very little night time driving and as i said i can always stick the B40 A118C in the rear if i am not satisfied.

Baca
As a first dashcam ( within limited budget ) B40 is a good choice to make an entry into "dashcam world" ;)

Thanks nico

Just a little update regarding the other videos when viewing on registrator viewer.

What was happening was that it was also showing some video files that i had dowloaded previously
to my computer to compare footage with different dash cams.

So mystery solved.

Baca

Back