First hardwired kit. How should parking mode actually work and show power?

kantonburg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A119 V3
Got a Mini 2 for our '23 Honda Civic Sport. I tested my fuses twice to see what Switched & Constant would be. I went out earlier and wanted to test the taps and make sure everything was ok before I ran everything. In the diagram below I'm using 19 for constant and 42 for switched. My thought here was the wires would be going the same direction for a neater install.

So I plugged up everything and used a temporary ground. The dash cam booted up fine when the car started. When I turn the car off it says "parking mode". But when I unplug the dash cam and the car is off I don't get anything. I "thought" it was supposed to come on with constant power. Here is my diagram I labeled. It mentioned parking mode when I turned the car off when it was set to time lapse. I've since changed it to low bit rate mode, but haven't went back out.

Thanks everyone for advice.

edit: I am using the latest firmware. 20231116

1703443908601.png

Last edited:
“But when I unplug the dash cam and the car is off I don't get anything.”

Can you elaborate on what you mean by this?

What I was testing was turning the car off. The cam will say parking mode enabled. I'll unplug the cam to kill power. Wait 20-30 seconds. Plug it back in for constant power (car off). I get no power. Thinking the cam should have power through the battery.
I hope that makes sense. Thank you

You need to turn to key to accessory again to get power to the camera.
So this is a push button start car.

Does parking mode only work once the car has been on and then turned off?
I am using the HK4 hard wire kit just to give more info.
Thank you again

Correct. Or, when accessory was turned on then off.
Thank you. My particular scenario was different than a few videos I've watched. The camera came on as soon as they plugged it in before starting the car since it was on constant power. I thought that was how it worked. I suppose not.
Here my settings by the way if that helps at all.

Parking Recording Timer 8 hours - While at work or when the kit hits voltage cutoff.

Enter Parking Mode Timer - Off

Parking G-sensor - High (may have to adjust this)

Parking Motion Detection - Medium

Thank you. My particular scenario was different than a few videos I've watched. The camera came on as soon as they plugged it in before starting the car since it was on constant power. I thought that was how it worked. I suppose not.
Here my settings by the way if that helps at all.

Parking Recording Timer 8 hours - While at work or when the kit hits voltage cutoff.

Enter Parking Mode Timer - Off

Parking G-sensor - High (may have to adjust this)

Parking Motion Detection - Medium
Maybe those cameras had parking mode turned off?

The parking mode will only be enabled when the ignition is turned on and then off. If you unplug the camera before turning off the ignition and then plug it back in, the camera cannot get a signal to enter the parking mode.
So this is a push button start car.

Does parking mode only work once the car has been on and then turned off?
I am using the HK4 hard wire kit just to give more info.
Thank you again

The parking mode will only be enabled when the ignition is turned on and then off. If you unplug the camera before turning off the ignition and then plug it back in, the camera cannot get a signal to enter the parking mode.
Thank you both for the help.
@VIOFO-Support Thank you for the reply. Is this a feature of push button start or all vehicles regardless of push button or key? Parking mode only working after the vehicle has been in ACC or started then turned off?

Thank you both for the help.
@VIOFO-Support Thank you for the reply. Is this a feature of push button start or all vehicles regardless of push button or key? Parking mode only working after the vehicle has been in ACC or started then turned off?
All vehicles.

It's been a bit, but between Christmas, frigid temps, and horrible weather. It was finally 55F and sunny this past Sunday and I finally got this installed. I do have two questions. I first plugged in the ACC fuse tap just to test and it never came on. It would only power on once I plugged in the constant fuse. Is this because I had parking mode enabled?

Also just about every time I shut the door it beeps and locks the file. I do have the G-Sensor set to low. Is there anything else I should check?
Thank you again

All wires need to be connected for the kit to work.
Thank you. Any advice on the file locking? Coming to work this morning we went over a bridge and it locked. Just the bump from the interstate transition to the bridge..

Thank you. Any advice on the file locking? Coming to work this morning we went over a bridge and it locked. Just the bump from the interstate transition to the bridge..
Do you have stiff suspension? Are you setting it to low via the app or the camera itself? If through the app, check the camera itself to ensure it's set to low. Also, if you have voice control on, test with it off.

Last edited:
Do you have stiff suspension? Are you setting it to low via the app or the camera itself? If through the app, check the camera itself to ensure it's set to low. Also, if you have voice control on, test with it off.
I'll double check the camera itself. I do have voice control on.
I'll check with it off also.

So on the camera it was set to high but low in the app. Changed to low. See how that tests.

Parking mode detection is set to medium. What is the best setting here?

Also the date in the app I had set MM-DD-YYYY but it showed up on the screen as DD-MM-YYYY. Had to chame that manually.
One last thing. Is the HDR time military time or standard time? I want HDR active from 4am to 8am.
Thank you for the help.

So on the camera it was set to high but low in the app. Changed to low. See how that tests.

Parking mode detection is set to medium. What is the best setting here?

Also the date in the app I had set MM-DD-YYYY but it showed up on the screen as DD-MM-YYYY. Had to chame that manually.
One last thing. Is the HDR time military time or standard time? I want HDR active from 4am to 8am.
Thank you for the help.
I'd leave parking mode set to medium for now. Change later if needed.

The time is a 24 hour clock, so military time.

Back