First Time Buyer

PlumbersCrack

Reaction score
Country
United States
So after reading quite a few threads, it seems like it is easier to just list exactly what I am looking for than just posting about different cameras. I am a first time buying and looking at picking up a dash cam for my personal vehicle. I drive ~50K a year and after 8 years of this I was in my first fender bender. Rear ended a vehicle in the fast lane, very little damage, but I instantly thought something was fishy from the get go since he slammed on brakes randomly. Long story short, claimed I tried to run the scene and all kind of crap. Anyways, I am just looking for something basic that:

-Records crisp clean pictures both day and night. I'd love if it could capture license plates around me as well
-I do not need a rear camera as I drive a truck and I put on a shell and remove a shell all the time and wouldn't want to keep moving things around
-Has to be able to handle the heat since I am in Southern California and during the summer I'm out at the River where temps are 110+
-GPS/WiFi is not really important to me
-Would love a small but it does not need to be large, just something so I can see that it is on and recording BUT would like to be able to shut it off and it remain off until I want it back on again
-NEEDS to be reliable and durable
-Size isn't a real issue, my rear view mirror is decently large anyways as well as my windshield.
-Hopefully something that can be hard wired as I don't like exposed wires and auto on/off and starts recording once it receives power.

My budget... I'd like to stay under 250 if possible. Thanks in Advance for any advice. Also - I am located in CA, USA and like to buy locally if possible.

Thanks for the link. I was taking a look at one of the the Panorama models on amazon, since I trust them, but they said they weren't sure when if at all, it was coming back in stock.

I have plenty of Panorama G in stock both direct and amazon. I have 2 panorama s in stock direct

amazon won't be back in stock for 1 week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there a bunch of extra items that I would need to buy to hard wire the S version to my truck?

Back