First Timer Questions.

Aldo Nova

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello all.
After reading up on dash cams, I have decided to go with the Mini 0801 as it seemed like the best bang for buck.....Main reason for getting one is all the snow we have had this year and the multiple accidents I have seen.
I just received my unit (GPS+external card) firmware on it is 2013/12/02 which is fine as use kph....
and now have to go out and get a card for it.
Before I get going I have a couple of questions that I am hoping I can get some help with.

1- On the internal settings, does anyone have any thoughts as to what is best for:
  • Loop setting (1/3/5)? I had thought just leaving at 5min.
  • Photo size (4/3/2/0.9)? I had thought using 2. May use as there may be need to take pics of any trouble up here in great white north
2- With regards to an external card using 2013/12/02 firmware. I have read that some people are OK with Class 10 others not so lucky. Any thoughts? I can get a good deal on a 32gb C4 card at local store would these be ok

3- Would there be any need to upgrade to the newer software?

4- Once I get card I should just format it, put in unit and be good to go right? Or do I need to put anything on the card. Sorry, due to age not that computer savy....plus manual is not much help.

5- I have read posts that recommend using "Registration Viewer" rather than the software that was on the disk that came with unit. Any particular reasons why? (have DV installed on pc)

Any replies are greatly appreciated in advance
Thanks
AN

REP for sensible questions!
1-a- Yes; 1-b- clueless myself
2-clueless, though highly recommend best brand (as Samsung, TranSend) cards
3- unless you discover faults- hardly worth bother
4-Yes, format it with in unit
5- preference issues, also it is down to your own experience as which you'd fing most convenient for you

PS not a MINI 0801 owners opinion only!

Hello all.
After reading up on dash cams, I have decided to go with the Mini 0801 as it seemed like the best bang for buck.....Main reason for getting one is all the snow we have had this year and the multiple accidents I have seen.
I just received my unit (GPS+external card) firmware on it is 2013/12/02 which is fine as use kph....
and now have to go out and get a card for it.
Before I get going I have a couple of questions that I am hoping I can get some help with.

1- On the internal settings, does anyone have any thoughts as to what is best for:
  • Loop setting (1/3/5)? I had thought just leaving at 5min.
  • Photo size (4/3/2/0.9)? I had thought using 2. May use as there may be need to take pics of any trouble up here in great white north
2- With regards to an external card using 2013/12/02 firmware. I have read that some people are OK with Class 10 others not so lucky. Any thoughts? I can get a good deal on a 32gb C4 card at local store would these be ok

3- Would there be any need to upgrade to the newer software?

4- Once I get card I should just format it, put in unit and be good to go right? Or do I need to put anything on the card. Sorry, due to age not that computer savy....plus manual is not much help.

5- I have read posts that recommend using "Registration Viewer" rather than the software that was on the disk that came with unit. Any particular reasons why? (have DV installed on pc)

Any replies are greatly appreciated in advance
Thanks
AN
1 your choice completely, it doesn't matter. I set my Mobius to 5 because I prefer less files. Anyone will work.
Photo size again is choice. It depends if you plan to use the camera.

2 Most important here is quality. The general thought is class 4 or better 6 works consistently. Just make sure you get a real card not a fake. Saving money is good just know the card is important.

3 New features is the reason. The October dated firmwares had issue so the newer ones are definitely more stable.

4 Format in the camera and you are good to go

5 Registration viewer is more stable and gives more functionality

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Mini 0801 16