Fitcamx

Captorofsin

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello. I just bought a fitcamx dash cam.

I just would like to know how the camera button on this unit works.

For example: If I am driving along and someone causes a wreck. I push the camera button. How many seconds of footage prior (to me pushing the camera button) will be saved?

Stating the obvious, I would be pushing the camera button till after something happened. If the camera didn't save until after I pushed the button....

Install this cam. I did like the fact that it looks OEM. But my opinion this thing is kind of flimsy. Got nice packaging and good marketing but it's cheap feeling.

Sacrificing quality for aesthetics. I don't want to do that. Not only that, with the supplied wire adapter / harness, you have to all but show cables up in there going all which away. I don't like that

I also really don't want to have to have wires hanging down going to my 12 volt port.

I don't have to have the dash cam right in the center I could have it to the top left corner of the top right corner that'd be fine with me. But I don't have to pull down molding either.

Maybe there's a way I could tap off of a 12V line up inside that housing in front of the rear view mirror.
Then I could mount a quality dash cam (via suction cups) on the windshield either left or right of center.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Dash Cam Discussion 1