For $3.20 US, the entertainment value of this dashcam video is a good!

dash riposki

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Dash Cam
too many
I don't drive much in Thailand without my thai friend in the car, but this time I had to head north from the airport solo.

Within a few hours I approached a Thai police checkpoint, and was waved to the side.

I was worried, but got 'lucky'.

The cop never asked for any papers for the car, my license, passport, ID, just for '100 baht'.

You are the lucky one :)
You are legal if you have a Thailand license.

No thai license required if you are only a tourist, they don't even really require an international driving permit, but anything is possible when the cops stop you.
:)

Me, I would have made them into hood ornaments. Luckily, we don't have this type of con in USA.

I don't want to make too much of a fuss out of this until I'm out of the country. Thailand has some bizarre defamation laws. The truth does not matter.
100 baht is absurdly cheap for a roadside shakedown of a white guy by thai police, and this is the first time I have had it happen to me in 5 trips here.
I wish I had the side cam installed to fully capture the smirking face of this thug as he girlishly giggled.
:(

I am guessing this was some kind of speeding fine ???

I'm not sure they even had radar, but I think he is saying I am doing 100 kph in a 90 zone. Since they never asked for my license or car documents (Rental agreement, etc) I doubt it qualifies as an official fine, or ticket.
I could have asked for a receipt but that probably costs ten times as much, and I had an 'illegal' vaping device on the passenger seat if he looked closely. :)
He did a quick look in the car to see if there was anyone else inside.

I expected the car to have cruise control, which the same model I rented a year ago had. Nope. The other rental car 'surprise' was the interior was so heavily 'armoralled' I couldn't get 3m VHB to stick to it! I brought some cheap adhesive mounts for my phone and gps.

Back