Forgetting Date / Time (Aukey DR02)

I had the same issue. Cracked the unit open looking for a coin type battery that I could replace and found the battery is soldered to the board! After some extensive research I found a good replacement part (Panasonic ML-621S/DN), ordered 2 from mouser electronics. De-soldered the old one, and soldered in the new one, and I'm up and running again. It wasn't terribly easy though, definitely need some steady hands to fix. Product is unfortunately designed to fail. These rechargeable batteries are good for a few years then you'll need to replace again. At least I'm not out another $150 and rewiring in my truck to install a new one.

View attachment 54404
I replaced the battery as suggested above and it worked for 1 day. I drove my truck to several places shutting off and starting with no problem remember the date/time. Today 24 hrs. later it does remember the time/date. Any other suggestions?

Same issue here. Thanks for all the posts above. Looks like I have some options. Wanted to buy a new unit on ebay for $20 but it will probably fail eventually too. So will have to probably get that Panasonic ML-621S/DN battery and solder it.... when I have the time. For now I have to reset the time every time I get in the car. It seems to hold the setting for half a day but overnight it resets again. I emailed AUKEY and never heard back.... lol so much for that great warranty.

(created an account primarily to thank everyone for detailed recommendations)
Just received a $5 pack of Rainpro ML621-TZ1 from AliExpress and they turned out to be exactly the same as the factory one.
Importantly, the replacement works just as fine.

Back