Forgot Password

Booman

Reaction score
Country
United States
I reset my password from the factory default. Now I can't find where I wrote it down. Is there anyway to retrieve it?
My camera quit connecting to my app so I reset it now I need my password.
Thanks for any help.

Reset the camera (depending on model should be a reset button near the microSD slot. Hold down the reset button with a needle or paper clip for about 2 seconds. Should hear a restart sound.)

Default WiFi password should be: 12345678

Yeah that doesn’t work. I guess I’ll reformat the memory card and download the bin files for a retry. How does that sound? I can’t believe that I lost my password

Yeah that doesn’t work. I guess I’ll reformat the memory card and download the bin files for a retry. How does that sound? I can’t believe that I lost my password
The error with the numerical default password is that is not the correct password

It's a Novatek processor and that usually works for those :)

Phil

I'm having an impossible time finding the firmware for VAVA model VA-CD001 camera. The web site is very difficult to find the downloads links. Does anyone have this link and may share it with me?
I appreciate it.
Thanks
Booman

Thank you. The memory card seems to be locked and won't let me reformat or add the bin file to it so I'll put it on a fresh card and insert that one into cam. You've been a huge help!

Hello,

I am having a hard time trying to connect to my Vava dashcam. I tried both resetting (pressing the reset button) and uploading firmware (v.1.9.0) but nothing worked. Entering 12345678 as the password always gets "wrong passcode". Is there any other possible passcode then? Thanks.

P.S. Contacted Vava support but got a very unsupported answer asking me to contact the local dealer, who is out of business already.

I found the reason. For resetting via uploading firmware, use a small capacity MicroSD card, maximum 32GB. Previously I used a 128GB card and the cam did not enter the firmware upgrading process.

Back