Formatting

Yes.

Press and Hold the buttoms E and S for a few seconds

Where are these E and S buttons on the unit?

I have only one button on LK-7900...

I first formatted my 8gb Lukas SD card on a PC and the card worked fine. I tried to format it on a MAC OSX.6 using XFAT and FAT32 but both didn't work so I immediately formatted it on my Lukas 7900 and took it straight back to the MAC to see what format it now had and it said FAT32 but it doesn't work if I format it on the MAC.

Anyway, I tried it again on the MAC then took the card to the Lukas, turned it on first and then inserted the card. The Lukas then formatted the card automatically. Didn't press any buttons.

Nimbus said:
I first formatted my 8gb Lukas SD card on a PC and the card worked fine. I tried to format it on a MAC OSX.6 using XFAT and FAT32 but both didn't work so I immediately formatted it on my Lukas 7900 and took it straight back to the MAC to see what format it now had and it said FAT32 but it doesn't work if I format it on the MAC.

Anyway, I tried it again on the MAC then took the card to the Lukas, turned it on first and then inserted the card. The Lukas then formatted the card automatically. Didn't press any buttons.

Was that card completely blank and empty? I have done what you tried but it was always with a firmware update file on the SD. If that's all it takes then who needs those buttons, right?

All files were erased on my MAC then formatted on the MAC (which doesn't appear to work) and taken straight to the Lukas

Nimbus said:
All files were erased on my MAC then formatted on the MAC (which doesn't appear to work) and taken straight to the Lukas

I'm going to try that myself. I have had no problems with the viewer but if this works then I can save the effort of bringing it in.

Thanks.

Back