Front and back dash cam

mario987

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am looking for a dash cam for my Peugeot 508SW. Price prefer something between 100£-200£, if it possible prefer to have reverse camara with it. Was thinking about 70mai a800s or maybe some Viofo. Rather don't need parking camera.

I'm very happy with the Viofo T130. I read and watched many reviews, and even tried a few others before deciding to keep the T130. It's a 3-channel (3 camera) system. I've been using it for about a month. The only issue I encountered was that it does not always connect its live feed to my iPhone 8 Plus, but I resolved that issue as Viofo support suggested when the sync doesn't work, toggle the phone to airplane mode and then toggle back to mobile carrier service, and it worked. There's also a recent firmware update, and I'm planning to apply that to the device to see if it improves some other notable issues, such as downloading recorded video to my phone. Previously, I tested a Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 and I was not satisfied; the app for the iPhone was not very responsive. I appreciated the concept as it's a very small device, but I'm happier with the T130 as it's a single integrated system. I also tried out a Pruveeo D90-4-Ch (a 4 camera system) but it was just too large and I realized I don't want another video display in my car. Some last notes… I realized sticking the Viofo directly to the windshield was not a good fit for me as I wanted to get a cleaner view of my car's interior and have the swiveling camera within arm's reach to point to my driver-side window, so I purchased a small $10 kit to hang the dash cam from the rear view mirror. I also quickly realized it's nice that the Viofo allows you to turn off some of its automated sounds for start up and shutdown, and I'm hoping, per a Viofo support post I read, that an upcoming app update will allow for the led function lights on the device to be turned off -- if not I may have to apply some black electrical tape to hide the lights -- there are two little red and two blue lights which I find distracting, and passengers quickly notice them too. Last, I'm just waiting on the delivery of a multimeter and then I'm going to secure a more obscure setup with a Viofo hardwire kit so I can start using parking mode for 24 hr recording.

Good luck in your search!

Thanks for answer JamieNYC in the meantime I also made some research and will probably buy Viofo a139 duo and in the future will buy an additional camera for interior view :) but still open for proposals :)

I'm very happy with the Viofo T130. I read and watched many reviews, and even tried a few others before deciding to keep the T130. It's a 3-channel (3 camera) system. I've been using it for about a month. The only issue I encountered was that it does not always connect its live feed to my iPhone 8 Plus, but I resolved that issue as Viofo support suggested when the sync doesn't work, toggle the phone to airplane mode and then toggle back to mobile carrier service, and it worked. There's also a recent firmware update, and I'm planning to apply that to the device to see if it improves some other notable issues, such as downloading recorded video to my phone. Previously, I tested a Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 and I was not satisfied; the app for the iPhone was not very responsive. I appreciated the concept as it's a very small device, but I'm happier with the T130 as it's a single integrated system. I also tried out a Pruveeo D90-4-Ch (a 4 camera system) but it was just too large and I realized I don't want another video display in my car. Some last notes… I realized sticking the Viofo directly to the windshield was not a good fit for me as I wanted to get a cleaner view of my car's interior and have the swiveling camera within arm's reach to point to my driver-side window, so I purchased a small $10 kit to hang the dash cam from the rear view mirror. I also quickly realized it's nice that the Viofo allows you to turn off some of its automated sounds for start up and shutdown, and I'm hoping, per a Viofo support post I read, that an upcoming app update will allow for the led function lights on the device to be turned off -- if not I may have to apply some black electrical tape to hide the lights -- there are two little red and two blue lights which I find distracting, and passengers quickly notice them too. Last, I'm just waiting on the delivery of a multimeter and then I'm going to secure a more obscure setup with a Viofo hardwire kit so I can start using parking mode for 24 hr recording.

Good luck in your search!
Glad to see you are happy with the T130, the latest firmware support turning off LEDs while in parking mode.

Back