Front Camera Focus

Roadhugger_990

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hello,
I have a Junsun 1440P,1296P (which records front & Rear simultaneously. Been OK for about 18 months.
Recordings for the front camera are now out of focus, - both viewing on the screen and the recordings are 'blury'. cannot read any writing like number plates or property signs.
Rear camera is good.
The Firmware is JNB _OL_935_2053_20191111_Ver2.2
Have sent several emails to Junsun over the past 12 months - the only email I can find junsun888@163.com but I have never received any replies.
Is there a later Firmware available as I believe that could fix this issue?
Hope this forum can help please

No firmware can fix this. Dashcams have fixed focus lenses. Check first to be sure that the lens is clean and the wind screen in front of it is clean. If so, see if the lens will turn. The lens is threaded into the housing, and it is supposed to be glued in place once it is focused. If they forgot to glue it, it could have shifted out of focus due to vibrations.
If you do attempt to focus the lens, do not use superglue to lock it in place. Superglue out-gasses a substance that deposits a white film over everything nearby. You do not want this film on either the lens, or the sensor. Use a hot melt glue or a white glue. You just want to keep the lens from rotating by itself due to vibrations, it does not need to be fixed so permanently that it would break before the glue does.

Back