Functionality of A129 "AV" jack?

fjparks

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm looking at getting the A129 Plus Duo.
Does the AV jack output the video real time, or is it just for playback?
If outputting real time, does it still record the video?
Does it show just the front camera, or is it selectable, or split-screen...?
Thanks

Might be worth doing some searching, there are not many people who use the AV output so you may not get many good replies, but it has been discussed in the past. Rather than using the search at the top of the page, try google with "A129 AV site:https://dashcamtalk.com/"

The AV out should be real time VS the wifi signal that have upwards of a second delay, and it should be live recording or not.
What camera it display i think it related to the camera LCD, so you should be able to toggle back between the 2 cameras and PIP ( picture In Picture )

But i have never used AV out on a dashcam, few people have.

The AV out should be real time VS the wifi signal that have upwards of a second delay, and it should be live recording or not.
What camera it display i think it related to the camera LCD, so you should be able to toggle back between the 2 cameras and PIP ( picture In Picture )

But i have never used AV out on a dashcam, few people have.
I wonder what it does on the A139, where there is no LCD, but I've got nothing to plug into it!

I'm looking at getting the A129 Plus Duo.
Does the AV jack output the video real time, or is it just for playback?
If outputting real time, does it still record the video?
Does it show just the front camera, or is it selectable, or split-screen...?
Thanks
it will override the display so the display will go black and you'll get the same image you would normally see on the AV output, picture, OSD options etc all show on the external display

it will override the display so the display will go black and you'll get the same image you would normally see on the AV output, picture, OSD options etc all show on the external display
Thanks for the reply Jokiin.
Sounds like you are familiar with the A129 so...
Can I assume that during normal operation that the little LCD display is off?
What about the red LEDs below the control buttons?
I don't want extraneous video or lights on while I'm driving.

I've tried it with the A119v2. It shows whatever is supposed to show up on the dashcam's onboard screen. Once AV output is enabled, the onboard screen becomes disabled. Haven't tried it on the A129 Duo, not motivated enough to rip my dashboard out to get to the back of the radio just to look at 480x360px sort of grain. On cameras without WiFi, it might help a lot that you don't need to remove the camera from the mount to get a good view of a parking recording if something happened while you were away. But it won't spare you from the camera's clunky UI.

I've tried it with the A119v2. It shows whatever is supposed to show up on the dashcam's onboard screen. Once AV output is enabled, the onboard screen becomes disabled. Haven't tried it on the A129 Duo, not motivated enough to rip my dashboard out to get to the back of the radio just to look at 480x360px sort of grain. On cameras without WiFi, it might help a lot that you don't need to remove the camera from the mount to get a good view of a parking recording if something happened while you were away. But it won't spare you from the camera's clunky UI.
Thanks for the feedback Rich

Back