Fuse Tap No Fit

climbviasid

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am trying to hardwire my Rove camera using their 3 hardwire kit in my 2016 F350. I have run into a problem that has stumped even ROVE so I thought I would throw it out into the interwebs.

When using the fuse tap for the Micro fuses used in my 350 the tap does not fit in the original slot because all the fuses are recessed below the top (see photo) I really don't want to have to rig it with some weird wire wrapping around the fuse leg etc. Any suggestions? Does anybody know of any fuse extenders or extensions maybe? Maybe I am dumb and I'm missing something obvious?

Attachments

• fuse.jpg
    fuse.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 28
Yeah. not the first time this have popped up on Ford cars.
Ill be damned if i can recall if there is some work around for it.

I'm sure that climbviasid has long since resolved this issue with his camera install but I currently have exactly the same issue and wanted to provide feedback in case anybody else out there needs help. I searched the web and found some inexpensive micro fuse taps on Amazon that look skinnier/longer than the short/wide ones that came from Rove in the hardwire box. They are 4 taps for $6.99 plus tax/shipping. I've ordered and will try to repost to confirm that they worked once they come in. They have mostly 4 stars on their reviews. A link to them on Amazon is:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07ZV4LY54
Image:
1691980024948.png

You still might need to trim (with a file) the plastic shoulder to allow the fuse tap to seat properly.

Back