Which Fuse Tap should I buy?

Turgineer

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Dash Cam
70MAI A400
It all depends on your car's setup. Some cars have a mix of fuse sizes. Check your car's fuse box and if you can test which fuse you are going to use before you purchase the fuse tap, then you know which one to get.
Use a multimeter to check which fuse is the constant and which one is switched.

Check your car's fuse box and if you can test which fuse you are going to use before you purchase the fuse tap, then you know which one to get.
Oh. I thought fuse inputs were uniform in all cars. Thanks.

Oh. I thought fuse inputs were uniform in all cars. Thanks.
The reason Viofo sell several different types of fuse tap is that different types of car have different types of fuse, you need the correct one for your car.

The 70mai instructions actually say to wrap the wire around the leg of the original fuse, so a fuse tap is not required, and they don't sell any, but that is definitely not a good quality installation! The Viofo fuse taps are good, if you get the correct type for your vehicle, but most are fuse taps on sale are OK.

The 70mai instructions actually say to wrap the wire around the leg of the original fuse, so a fuse tap is not required, and they don't sell any, but that is definitely not a good quality installation! The Viofo fuse taps are good, if you get the correct type for your vehicle, but most are fuse taps on sale are OK.
Thanks for the answer. At first, I wasn't even aware of something called Fuse Tap, but when I saw the criticism in the comments of 70MAI's guide video, I started to confused. In addition, fuse tap was using in many guides.

Nowhere did it say whether the Fuse Tap was necessary or not, and the Viofo Fuse Tap (Mini) was only one left on Amazon. Since Amazon usually sells products at affordable prices in Turkey, I didn't take any risks and bought them [I learned that the vast majority of Renaults have the Mini fuse type], but I haven't received them yet. I think I won't cancel the order, at least I'll have it installed in a quality way.

the Viofo Fuse Tap (Mini) was only one left on Amazon.
I would normally look on ebay for small components like that, don't know if ebay works in Turkey though, and there is nothing wrong with the Viofo fuse taps.

but when I saw the criticism in the comments of 70MAI's guide video,
It is valid criticism, and when you can easily make a good quality connection with a cheap fuse tap, it is hard to understand why they suggest doing it using an unreliable and potentially dangerous method!

It is valid criticism, and when you can easily make a good quality connection with a cheap fuse tap, it is hard to understand why they suggest doing it using an unreliable and potentially dangerous method!
Then fuse tap seems so useful.

eBay's sub-brand Gittigidiyor was shut down a few years ago because it was not profitable. Amazon, Hepsiburada and Trendyol(Alibaba) dominate the market.

Back