Fuzzy/Noisy image?

nfshp253

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Hi, I just got my Dash Cam a few days ago and noticed that the videos recorded don't seem to be of the same quality as those I see on YouTube. Mine comes up extremely noisy and fuzzy. There are also macroblocks from the video compression. I know there's no ISO settings but it seems to be recording much brighter in the dark than other samples I've seen.

At first I thought that this was due to me selecting 1080p 60FPS. I tried changing the setting to 1080p 30FPS in hopes of getting a better image since I assumed the bitrate remains constant, but to no avail. Can any kind soul help me out here?

Could you upload some raw files on internet ? So someone or I can see them.

Is it updated to latest us/Chinese firmware?

It's nomal. Your windsheil is not clean as the one in clip samples.
The sample is only the sample. :) if you know what I mean :)

I don't think the windscreen affects the image quality that much. The noisiness of the video and compression blocks are definitely an inherent problem. It's just slightly disappointing to me that my Xiaomi Redmi 2 records much better videos when used as a dashcam. It's only about $20 more here and you get an entire working Android phone too.

Reactions: gcb
There are also macroblocks from the video compression
I don't understand this concept. Would you don't mind show me in picture from your clip this macroblocks ? Thanks you.
PS: english is not my mother language. I read define of marcoblocks but still don't understand.

It's when the video is compressed and there's compression artifacts. Can't really explain clearly from my video because the blocks are small (but still visible) but here's a better image to explain what it is:

The_macroblocking_effect_%28JPEG%29.png

Is there a way to fix this? Like hacking the .bin firmware file and increasing the bitrate?

I dont think we can hack novatech chipset.

Maybe someone can do some hex editing on the .bin files.

Is that because of difficulty or lack of interest?

That's a shame. I hope since this is a Chinese product, some tech-savvy Chinese users do manage to modify the firmware. They have more than a billion people after all.

Last edited:
It seems to me a simple way to fix the noise issues is to raise the bitrate.

That's just a suggestion, not that I've managed to. I don't think there's an option now.

Back