G-Sensor Not working?

Andrew Hunstiger

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

I have had my camera for about a month now (maybe a little longer) and I just found the registratorviewer software (wish I knew about it sooner).

Once I started importing my video, I noticed that there was no G sensor values on the bottom. I tried a few versions of the software that I could find, but it just does not seem to be there.

I have double checked the settings in the camera, and it is enabled. I have even tried setting it to high. My car is not the smoothest thing in the world, but it does not seem to ever put anything in the RO folder unless I press the button.

I am going to try reflashing the firmware (already on the 2016 version) to see if that helps, but wanted to see if there was something else I am missing...

0RZYzy7.jpg

Thanks,

Andrew

G-Sensor data is not logged on this model. G-Sensor is used to trigger a read only file lock event.

The SGZC12SG SGZC12SS and SGZC12RC logs the G-sensor data though.

Last edited:
I'd vote for adding that data, it would be useful to me as well.

G-Sensor data is not logged on this model. G-Sensor is used to trigger a read only file lock event.

The SGZC12SG SGZC12SS and SGZC12RC logs the G-sensor data though.

Would I see the files placed in the RO folder then? I tried setting the sensor to high and I have launched my car, hit pot holes, high-G turns etc and I have yet to trigger an event.

Would I see the files placed in the RO folder then? I tried setting the sensor to high and I have launched my car, hit pot holes, high-G turns etc and I have yet to trigger an event.

You could very well have some type of rare g-sensor problem then. There are no other reports of this, but these things happen from time to time when it comes to electronics as you know. A replacement is no problem, I'll private message you now with an action plan. (check your inbox in the upper right)

P.S. Driving over potholes isn't exactly a good test, did you try to gently flick it with g-sensor set to high?

I will give it a good flick (hardwiring the power supply kit in now... will be a few minutes).

Sorry, had to get to bed. Wife was upset with me for going out in the garage at midnight and making noise. Back home now with some new info for them... i'll send you guys another PM.

Sorry, had to get to bed. Wife was upset with me for going out in the garage at midnight and making noise. Back home now with some new info for them... i'll send you guys another PM.
Pfff... REAL MEN (TM) don't care about the wife's fussing!

Sorry, have to go now I hear The Lady coming in...Bye

Back