G1000 and G2000 field of view

cantremember

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hi.
I heard that when putting the GS1000 in 1080p, the field of view is drastically decreased (this seems confirmed when I see demo videos from it) , compared to when it's in 720P. Which is kind of strange considering they should have the same aspect ratio. Anyway, can this be fixed? Does the GS2000 have the same problem?
I was really interested in that camera but small FOV on the supposedly supported FullHD is a big drawback for me.

1080p has the same field of view in most models, you might have seen some samples from another model that uses the A2S70 chipset (the A2S60 is more commonly used), with the A2S70 it offers an extra wide 720p mode

Hi.
is this for the GS1000 or both? If I buy either of them from www.dashcams.be is there a way to tell? I basically want a dashcam with very clear image, as I have the CarCam K2000 which films at 720p but despite that the image is still kinda blurrier than what 720p looks like on TV (good camera for its price but now I want a better one).

Last edited by a moderator:
1080p certainly offers higher res and is capable of much more, how well it does varies by manufacturer and what components they use, ask to see real samples if you can, screen shots and video footage (not compressed YouTube versions)

I'm confused, 1080p offers higher res, did you mean to say GSxxx compared to Carcam or GS2000 compared to GS1000? :geek:

cantremember said:
I'm confused, 1080p offers higher res, did you mean to say GSxxx compared to Carcam or GS2000 compared to GS1000? :geek:

my comment wasn't model specific, just that 1080p is going to do better than 720p all else being equal

Back