G1w auto power off issue

Jeenge

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've searched previous threads but they don't match my issue.

My cam starts up and begins recording perfectly fine when I start the car. However after exactly 3 minutes the cam will shut off WHILE recording and charging. The red light is visibly blinking, the cam indicates that it's charging, yet still powers down.

I have verified that's it not just shutting down the screen. The cam stops recording and after driving for 15 min, there is only the first 3 minute file on the card.

My settings are:
Auto power off: 3 min
Screen saver: 3 min
Motion detect: OFF
G sensor: medium
Loop: 5 minutes

I'm using a 32gb class 10 trancend card.

Anyone?

Last edited:
Where did you bought G1W from ?

I got it off Amazon. It saves files as .mov so it's genuine.

I resolved the issue by disabling the Auto power off feature completely. For some reason it would shut down the camera even if it was recording.
With that setting off it works perfect. When the car is shut off the camera records for an extra minute before shutting down.

Just incase anyone else has this issue. Just disable auto power off, but keep "delayed shutdown" on.

There's no "delayed shutdown" function on these cameras. What they do is keep recording for 10 seconds (not a minute) after power is cut off. This feature cannot be turned off.

I resolved the issue by disabling the Auto power off feature completely. For some reason it would shut down the camera even if it was recording.
Of course it would! That's why it's called Auto Power Off! If you set something to turn off after a certain period of time, it will, obviously.

(I know this thread is old but since it was resuscitated by SoCalDude, this info might be useful to the newbies.)

Back