G1W-C not powering on at vehicle start-up

the col could be a problem for your power supply, not unheard of
I had already ordered another on suspecting that was the issue, for $6 what the heck, if it isn't the problem I can use if for my gps.

the cold could be a problem for your power supply, not unheard of

I'm going to continue with this test for a week but after the first day I believe the culprit is the hard wire line in vehicle 1. Camera that was not auto starting/recording in vehicle 1 started up this morning without issue in vehicle 2. Camera that was in vehicle 2 working perfectly would not come on by itself in vehicle 1 without restarting the vehicle twice and then having to depress the power key,it would not auto start by itself. Temps were - 6*C.

Not sure how the hard wire kits are designed/made but I'm used to a fused line simply being a pos and neg line with a fuse on the red line between power and the unit it's powering, cold shouldn't effect this simple arrangement, perhaps the manufacturers have over complicated a simple device??? Not sure what's in the box in the hard wire kit???

Assuming your wiring is all good its more likely the power supply itself is faulty, dry solder joint maybe

Assuming your wiring is all good its more likely the power supply itself is faulty, dry solder joint maybe
I've run the power from three different switched fuses on the vehicle, and all the accessories that belong to these fuses work fine in any temp, all the time, and the connection to the fuse boss are solid, so I can't see the power source being an issue. I have another hard wire kit coming so I will wait for that to arrive. I can manually start the camera so I'm not without its use.

Yep - awaiting delivery of one.

I doubt it will make a difference, but we'll see.
Just to update on the issue in my posts.

I must apologise for the length of time that has passed since my last reply however. Issues with my second car have necessitated me using the car with the subject dashcam every day, so I havent had a chance to recreate the issue.

Anyway, I've recently gotten my second car back, and the car with the subject camera was parked for about 6 days, with a new memory card I got a few weeks ago.

When I started the car on the sixth day, the camera immediately powered up on its own [emoji2]. Usually after being down for a couple days, I would have to fiddle with either the power button, the power cable, or the memory card to get the camera to turn on.

So it seems as though the problem was the card. Of course the date and time reset because of the length of time it was off, but my issue (not automatically powering on after being down for an extended period) appears resolved.

Thanks again for the guidance provided.

Back