G1W-C Not Powering On. Dead?

geokilla

Reaction score
Country
Canada
My G1W-H stopped powering on. I've had it for 9 months and it was working fine till I checked it a few days ago when I noticed the files were all corrupted. I removed it out of my car then tried to power it on via the power button, no luck. Plugged it into the wall using one of my phone's wall charger, no luck. All I got was a blue light. Left it charging like that for a good half an hour, no luck. Removed the microSD card, no luck. Basically the only response I'm getting is the blue LED when it's plugged in and nothing else. I guess at this point the camera is dead?

Edit: It's a G1W-H, not G1W-C. Whoops.

Have you tried pressing the reset button on the side of the camera?

Also, disconnecting the battery and then reconnecting it again can sometimes fix this problem with the G1WH.

Unfortunately, the "blue light of death" is not uncommon on the G1WH and the one I owned met the same fate.

Have you tried pressing the reset button on the side of the camera?

Also, disconnecting the battery and then reconnecting it again can sometimes fix this problem with the G1WH.

Unfortunately, the "blue light of death" is not uncommon on the G1WH and the one I owned met the same fate.
I have tried pressing and holding the reset button while it is off and plugged into the charger but no response as well.

How do I disconnect the battery? I have to tear it apart?

I have tried pressing and holding the reset button while it is off and plugged into the charger but no response as well.

How do I disconnect the battery? I have to tear it apart?

Yes, you would need to pop the camera's front housing off and then disconnect and re-solder one of the battery wires.

LS300W  Disassembled 1.jpg

My G1W-H stopped powering on. I've had it for 9 months and it was working fine till I checked it a few days ago when I noticed the files were all corrupted. I removed it out of my car then tried to power it on via the power button, no luck. Plugged it into the wall using one of my phone's wall charger, no luck. All I got was a blue light. Left it charging like that for a good half an hour, no luck. Removed the microSD card, no luck. Basically the only response I'm getting is the blue LED when it's plugged in and nothing else. I guess at this point the camera is dead?

Edit: It's a G1W-H, not G1W-C. Whoops.
It sounds like a dead battery. When they go really bad the camera simply won't work.

Even though it may be a battery problem, beware that your phone charger may not have enough current (Amps) to power the camera or charge the battery. It must have at least 1,5 Amps.

Yes, you would need to pop the camera's front housing off and then disconnect and re-solder one of the battery wires.

View attachment 19622
I don't know how to solder nor do I have tools to do that. Guess I'm out of luck.

Even though it may be a battery problem, beware that your phone charger may not have enough current (Amps) to power the camera or charge the battery. It must have at least 1,5 Amps.

The phone chargers I have put out 2 amps of electricity.

Back